News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Metal can IC for egodriver?

Started by 9Lives, December 03, 2011, 04:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

jkokura

There are Metal Can ICs. I imagine some of them are dual op amps. You can try any Dual op amp in the egodriver, there is not right or wrong there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

9Lives

I was watching your video to your complex pedal. Nice idea. Sounds cool. Is that a rossish comp?

jkokura

Thank you kindly! Yes it is a Ross type.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

9Lives

have you heard of LM4562? I think it's a dual metal can. I'm having trouble finding metal can IC's got any pointers? Is there a certain way of looking for these things bc I can't find where to get this one :/

diagrammatiks

you have to look on ebay or surplus stores.

they really aren't made any more.

jkokura

Why is it you want a Metal Can IC? The reason that they're hard to find is that they aren't really any better than the silicon chips we all use. For a few reasons, they've become obsolete. I can tell you that you'll likely hear NO audible quality difference by using them, and it may sound worse than the typical dual op amps that we use.

As for the one you're suggesting, I don't know anything about it. If you take a look at the datasheet and it says it's a dual op amp, it'll work fine. Any dual op amp will work.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

9Lives

I dunno.. Not that hard to find.. A website and 8 bucks got me one. Just trying different things. Figured someones tried it.

jball85

Ive got an older egodriver with no fancy mods. Ive also built a boneyard, mudbunny, neutrino, zombii, the only diy pedal still on my pedalboard would be the egodriver. I used a knock off TL082. I couldn't be happier with my tone.