News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Marshall mania and more rock'n roll

Started by cooder, December 12, 2020, 02:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Some recent boxings:
Catalinbread DLS MKIII black version with added charge pump to switch to 18V and boy does that make a difference. So worth having on this or if you don't, have a psu where you can plug in 18V as it becomes a different beast.
Beast it is anyway, a lot of glorious Marshallness in this one, I split the mode switch (on original a 4DPT hidden on inside... doh) into two 2DPDTs on dashboard which gives it extra flexibility with gain staging.
Noice. Killa sounds in this one.

Glory Ride is a JHS Morning Glory with added 9 to 18V chargepump switchable. R & R.

Sugar Hit is a Timmy original version with added 9 to 18V chargepump because why not. Also I changed the diection of bass and treble to go cw for more. And a more logical placement of controls me thinks, clipping switch on dash.

Goldilocks is a Friedman Golden Pearl, nice low to mid gain Marshall territory and tweakable with clipping (voice) and bright switch.

Raticus is ... well... a Rat. Built after MB Slow Loris schematic, great version for sure. Got an ol' school metal can LM308.

Soulbender. A nice set of AC127 from your friendly Ozzie Paul at DIY guitar pedals. It rips.

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Awesome as always, dig the RAT, mine has the metal can as well, what diodes did you use in it?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Stomptown

Great work Cooder.  I especially like the graphic you used in the Golden Pearl!

Bio77

Inspirational builds! The knobs are a nice touch on the Marshall-ness  8)

LaceSensor

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on December 12, 2020, 02:55:24 AM
Awesome as always, dig the RAT, mine has the metal can as well, what diodes did you use in it?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

looks like symmetric and assymetrix 1n914 silicons and a red leds...

dawson

Wow- I'm quite jealous of every single circuit here-.  The 18v charge pumps are awesome and I like how you split the 4p2t in your "Marshall Mania," however, what really stands out to me is your "Sugar Hit."  The controls make so much sense that I never would've guessed it's a "Timmy!"
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cooder

Cheers guys.
Yes diodes i  Rat are like Slow Loris sym/asym 1N914, all stock to Brian's great schematic.

Quote from: Stomptown on December 12, 2020, 07:29:03 AM
Great work Cooder.  I especially like the graphic you used in the Golden Pearl!
Ha, yes she's a sweetheart poker face ain't she... been around the clubs and late night digs. Rock n Roll.
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

This must be Catalinbread appreciation month.  Aion had a sale and was sporting all things CB so I snagged the DLS MkI and DLS MkIII, the Galileo, and for a change up the IVP preamp.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Oh, and just about forgot.  Your usual insanely nice builds!!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Every build report I always stare at the graphics and build yet with yours I am always blown away by the boards and the layout, really nice work.

The marshall mania is exactly what CB should have done with that pedal.

Quote from: gordo on December 12, 2020, 11:18:15 PM
This must be Catalinbread appreciation month.  Aion had a sale and was sporting all things CB so I snagged the DLS MkI and DLS MkIII, the Galileo, and for a change up the IVP preamp.

The CB dls mkI is such a great drive pedal, I have a haberdasher board from years ago that is always in heavy rotation.

cooder

Cheers guys high praise indeed.

Catalinbread has really some amazing sounding circuits out there I concur. I Probably should put a DLS I on my list as well, I had one years ago and loved it too until a friend borrowed it.  ;) Time to build a new one me thinks.
BigNoise Amplification

studiodunn

Love these. They remind me of when I was airbrushing for harley and used kandy paints on silver. Are you doing waterslides and covering with plexi?

cooder

Quote from: studiodunn on December 15, 2020, 12:39:18 AM
Love these. They remind me of when I was airbrushing for harley and used kandy paints on silver. Are you doing waterslides and covering with plexi?
Thanks, glad you like them. Yes waterslide wit acrylic faceplate.
I did a wee tutorial on this awhile back:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28358.0
BigNoise Amplification