News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You might be a Madbeaner

Started by Bio77, December 20, 2020, 05:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

If someone posts about how they just bought or are trying to sell an Analogman KoT on FB and you think/reply "That's a lot for a pair of Bluesbreakers with clipping options..."

PapaKev

I may win this contest, I'm building boards for my son. I don't even play, ): I put a nice pedal board together for him for Christmas, Pedal Train board, Crybaby Wah, Tuner, Power supplies and a Ditto. Now to get these pedals built. I got him a PRS last year, with an Orange Head and Cabinet. He uses a Line 6 for Church. He's been playing for around 15 years and just recently got back into it a few years ago. Has a several Fenders and few other makes but loves the PRS.

jimilee

Quote from: HootyHoo on December 22, 2020, 07:33:15 PM
I may win this contest, I'm building boards for my son. I don't even play, ): I put a nice pedal board together for him for Christmas, Pedal Train board, Crybaby Wah, Tuner, Power supplies and a Ditto. Now to get these pedals built. I got him a PRS last year, with an Orange Head and Cabinet. He uses a Line 6 for Church. He's been playing for around 15 years and just recently got back into it a few years ago. Has a several Fenders and few other makes but loves the PRS.
Daaamm, will you be my dad next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

Quote from: jimilee on December 22, 2020, 08:37:53 PM

lol....he mows my yard in return. Plus he's a great young man. Super proud of him.

jimilee

Quote from: HootyHoo on December 22, 2020, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 22, 2020, 08:37:53 PM

lol....he mows my yard in return. Plus he's a great young man. Super proud of him.
That's great to hear, you must be too proud indeed. Those are kind of rare these days.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Quote from: diablochris6 on December 20, 2020, 09:37:13 PM
If your Google Search auto-fill tries to put "guts" or "schematic" at the end of every query.

With you 100% here. Before I started building most of my google searches ended in —- tab, now they all end with —- schematic.

Feral Feline

... you come to wish everyone on the MB forum a "Merry Buildmas" before season's greetings are given to friends and family.

dawson

Quote from: Bio77 on December 20, 2020, 08:13:46 PM
If your mom got you a Small Bear gift certificate for Christmas.......

HA- Last year she did!
Along with the T-shirt and coffee mug!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Bio77

Quote from: dawson on December 25, 2020, 06:59:05 PM
Quote from: Bio77 on December 20, 2020, 08:13:46 PM
If your mom got you a Small Bear gift certificate for Christmas.......

HA- Last year she did!
Along with the T-shirt and coffee mug!
Awesome!  I got one a few years back, and my Mom wrote an super embarrassing note that I hope SB couldn't see  :P

I have another:  If you laugh on the inside when fellow musicians talk down about Boss pedals.  Even more so when they think all Boss pedals are digital (because, of course, digital is junk and analog is always good ::))......

CodeMonk

If you know what pedal it is just by the topology.
If you have a schematic, but no values, that's not a problem as you have them memorized.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

Willybomb

If you post a build report before trying the pedal out properly.

Thewintersoldier

When your stealing mn3005s from one delay to test out the new delay your building to see if you want to invest 40 dollars more than you already have.
Who the hell is Bucky?

lars

If you've ever picked up an old piece of gear and tried to peer inside though any opening, to see what kind of parts are in there.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....