Main Menu

Zombii Report and Video

Started by chromesphere, December 04, 2011, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

redbean

Quote from: chromesphere on December 05, 2011, 02:30:20 PM
... my dad had one in his garage, mounted onto a bench, and you sharpen chisels and stuff with it.  Its got 2 spinning discs.  Its probably also called an angle grinder...

Smell of garlic..?  The smell is hte same as...You know those womens fake nail shops you walk past and the fumes hit you?  Those nails are acrylic, and they smell the same. 

Careful. I've messed up the grinding discs when shaving down the plexiglass -- it melts and sticks to it. My solution was to turn on and off the grinder power switch so that it was not spinning so fast (it's very old and has no RPM setting other than warp drive :D), and then grinding the plexiglass a little, then hitting the on-off switch again, etc.

Also, the burning plexiglass fumes/dust can be very toxic, so be careful. ;)
es là-bas!!

chromesphere

I noticed the people in those fake nail shops wearing face masks :)  Thanks for the tip.

One other thing i forgot to mention.  Ribbon Cable is my new friend.  5 knobs in a 1590b would otherwise be a messy afair but if you look at the wired up box around 7 mins in the clip, you'll notice, and i dont mean to blow my own trumpet here, but the guts are looking pretty dam neat.  Theres no way i personally could have made the wiring that clean with single cables. 
Yeah its good stuff.  Give it a go!
Paul

teknoman2

Nice job,

I just saw your video and it was awesome,

I am building the zombii right now and I would like to ask you what type of transistors should I use.

I am going to order them from http://www.smallbearelec.com

which one should I order?

Thanx a lot.

chromesphere

Hey Tecknoman2,

You can use any germanium fuzz face set.  Check the gain ranges, but its usually something like 70 and 110.  Any germanium transistor will work, each with their own subtle affect on tone.  I think i used an 'all american' set.  That was before i could measure my own.  I would be interested to hear some russians in this effect....yeah so anyway, any fuzz face set will work.

Good luck!
Paul

chromesphere

I think any of those sets will be ok but you might as well go for the fuzz factory set because 1) its cheaper and 2) includes q1 (2n3904)
Paul

teknoman2

ChrisNY

Cool video. Semi-related.  What size is the nut on the 1/4" jacks?  I want to order a socket for fixed wrench for those as I currently use pliers and it's no fun.