News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Bohemia

Started by jjjimi84, December 30, 2020, 07:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my PedalPCB.com Bohemia Build Report and Demo, this is a mashup of stuff i filmed with the old cameras and what I am able to do now. I am trying to keep these short while also trying to talk about pedal building and sounds. Let me know what you think, I have two more ready in this format which will be posted in the coming weeks.

https://youtu.be/sV_G-sUVlPg

Aleph Null

Haven't watched the demo yet, but it's on my "watch later" list. Love the paint job! Is there a story behind the angry triceratops?

cooder

Excellent again right on the spot showing the options. Sounds great all over however as you say the lower gain range seems to really shine already most.
You made me curious about that now enough to the point where I have to put it on the list of Catalinbread jfet amp emulations to do in my stable. Those circuits are well designed.
Great video and oh the paint job. Stomping Triceratops. Love it, all around the edge too. Great playing too!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: Aleph Null on December 30, 2020, 10:07:19 AM
Haven't watched the demo yet, but it's on my "watch later" list. Love the paint job! Is there a story behind the angry triceratops?

All in the demo! Short story is I paint after I build and it sounded like a stomping dinosaur to me, crazy cool heavy tones.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 30, 2020, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: Aleph Null on December 30, 2020, 10:07:19 AM

All in the demo! Short story is I paint after I build and it sounded like a stomping dinosaur to me, crazy cool heavy tones.
Nice! I don't over think it either. Good looking pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Nice. This is gonna be one of my next builds. Sounds great!

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on December 30, 2020, 11:11:23 AM
Excellent again right on the spot showing the options. Sounds great all over however as you say the lower gain range seems to really shine already most.
You made me curious about that now enough to the point where I have to put it on the list of Catalinbread jfet amp emulations to do in my stable. Those circuits are well designed.
Great video and oh the paint job. Stomping Triceratops. Love it, all around the edge too. Great playing too!

Thank you very much!!! I built this one along time ago but feel in love with it all over again, that vox sound is something else and catalinbread did a great job.

I would love to see what you do with it, there is a ton of mod possibilities that would make it even more flexible.

Thanks for the praise, it means a lot! Next week is the DLS MKIII.

Thewintersoldier

another great build Dan, videos are really turning out great too. always a treat to see one of your build reports pop up.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on December 30, 2020, 04:52:22 PM
another great build Dan, videos are really turning out great too. always a treat to see one of your build reports pop up.

Thanks Chris, hopefully these will start being more frequent. 2020 has been quite the year and everyday seems to bring about more challenges. Making these videos and making noise is the only release to the day to day pressures, I ran out of kittens to snuff out long ago.

Bio77

Awesome build, sounds great! 8)  Dig the demos, but you added another pedal to my todo list  :P