News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Postfontaine Drive

Started by diablochris6, December 30, 2020, 04:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I made this Postfontaine Drive for a buddy of mine. It's basically has the heart of a Tubescreamer but has Klon-like buffers and a bass/mid/treble cut and boost with gyrators for ultimate tone tweaking. There is also a toggle to set the mid frequency cutoff as it goes into the clipping stage, whereas the bass and treble controls come after the clipping. There are also 4 clipping options: symmetrical TS-style, asymmetrical SD-1 style, red LED, and 2n7000/1N34A Zendrive style. Super versatile, and super fun!

I had a difficult time with the Tayda powdercoat, waterslide decal, and Envirotex, so I ended up torching and scraping it all off and drew on it with Sharpies and a good coat of clear enamel.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

gordo

I like the hand lettered touch.  Especially if it's for someone else.  WAY more personal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

This is super cool! Did record any demos of it before you sent it off?

diablochris6

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 30, 2020, 05:15:16 PM

I have a video of the one I built for myself. I only play through the neck pickup of my Tele build (which is how I usually play) to showcase the pedal itself, but playing the bridge pickup with this pedals absolutely screams. The beauty of this pedal is the tone shaping, which helps fine tune it for different guitars and situations, and the ability to get as close or as far away from traditional Tubescreamer sounds as you want. Want that mid-hump? Bump up the mids and bass and roll back the treble a little. Want more attack and snap? Bump up the treble, roll down the bass, and shift the mid frequency to the high setting.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jjjimi84

Quote from: diablochris6 on December 30, 2020, 05:49:53 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 30, 2020, 05:15:16 PM

I have a video of the one I built for myself. I only play through the neck pickup of my Tele build (which is how I usually play) to showcase the pedal itself, but playing the bridge pickup with this pedals absolutely screams. The beauty of this pedal is the tone shaping, which helps fine tune it for different guitars and situations, and the ability to get as close or as far away from traditional Tubescreamer sounds as you want. Want that mid-hump? Bump up the mids and bass and roll back the treble a little. Want more attack and snap? Bump up the treble, roll down the bass, and shift the mid frequency to the high setting.

Sounds great! Thanks for posting it

jimilee

Looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.