News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Charnauk Delay

Started by diablochris6, December 30, 2020, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I forgot that I built this over the summer and didn't post it. This is an idea I slapped together a while back but never put into an enclosure. I posted a video of me playing it on Instagram, and someone asked if I could build him one. I built him one, but it didn't work right, so I gave him my board that was functioning correctly. It's a delay that gets into weird warped territory because it has multiple LFOs to modulate delay time and echo filtering. One LFO is a ramp down triangle wave that only affects delay time (like most modulation on delays), and the other LFO is several square waves summing at different rates for a pseudo-random warble that controls delay time modulation as well as part of those summed signals affecting a HPF filter's frequency cutoff. There is also a gain stage to clip the delay signal and a switch to use one or two PT2399s in series. The guy that bought it from me also wanted a momentary switch to kick in the delay sporadically but also wanted it bypassable with a toggle switch.

The enclosure is bare with a waterslide decal and Envirotex over it.

And I managed to get a little demo of this oddity before shipping it out.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Betty Wont

Super cool. Sounds like dueling clean Clari(not)s with repeats and lfo. I kinda...

mjg

Nice! 

I think everyone had that Wham! tape that they left on the dashboard. 

cooder

What a wicked cookie.... the Mad Scientist look & sounds are just emboldened by the Molecular Cell Biology.
Great build.
BigNoise Amplification

Stomptown

Looks great and sounds wild!

matmosphere

Very cool stuff. I like the artwork a lot too.

Bio77

Datsun Super-Delay...weird and wild.  I like what you do!  8)

jjjimi84

Very cool, so many weird and interesting sounds in there.