News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Standout

Started by jjjimi84, January 08, 2021, 07:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Another week, another VFE Friday! This is the Standout, a wonderful booster that has the incredible filters to really dial in the sound with a blend feature to make it super tame or very pronounced. Built inside of a tayda powder coated white enclosure and hand painted with testors acrylic. This painting was a little character on a big image from a comic book I believe......

He is cursing the overlords like so many of us are doing right now.

matmosphere

Wait? Where is the switching board?

Very cool artwork. I can't place the character but it's so familiar.

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 08, 2021, 09:47:21 AM
Wait? Where is the switching board?

Very cool artwork. I can't place the character but it's so familiar.
It's in the center of the board. Interesting design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

superb build as usual. even with a pcb design like this, clean wiring is still not that easy. nicely done

is it a Gremlin?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jjjimi84

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 08, 2021, 01:06:32 PM
superb build as usual. even with a pcb design like this, clean wiring is still not that easy. nicely done

is it a Gremlin?

Thank you very much! Is it a gremlin? I think so, lets call him Gary the Gremlin. Gary is angry because he hasn't eaten any kids in a few days.

cooder

Top notch! I still have that on my boxing up queue... something to look forward to!
Great build great Gremlin there!
BigNoise Amplification