News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Covert Drive (DLS MKIII)

Started by jjjimi84, January 13, 2021, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my covert pedal, I filmed a little demo and talking blurb about it. Of course I forgot to talk about how I painted this little bastard. It is on a 125B grey enclosure and I found this image on google and using my iPad I was able to lock the touchscreen and trace the little green man out. I then cut out the traced paper making a stencil and using that to do all of the outlining. From there I filled in the outline with white paint and proceeded to paint this in.

This is a really cool Marshall in a Box pedal and in the video I was trying to show off the range of sounds and near the end I was getting to what kind of tone I really dig. Hope you all enjoy it, next up will be the Monarch then the Lemonade OD.

Also this intro song is the last of my old camera setup, everything else from here on out is new and improving. I am spending a lot of time trying to get lighting and sound up to snuff.

https://youtu.be/b4pw6ZHj4is

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Thanks Chris,

Nothing like improvising a solo and sticking with it....... the phaser helps.

cooder

Great stuff the new camera and light setup is great too even though the old one was already nice!
Your youtube demos should have a lot more views, hope it takes off!

Nice graphics on pedals yet again.
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on January 13, 2021, 07:35:21 PM
Great stuff the new camera and light setup is great too even though the old one was already nice!
Your youtube demos should have a lot more views, hope it takes off!

Nice graphics on pedals yet again.

Thank you very much. I hope the people that are watching them get a kick out of it and maybe get into building pedals. I enjoy making them and its getting me to use and get better at all the stuff I love; recording, writing, playing guitar and building pedals.

I am ordering parts for a pedal build video tomorrow, thinking a weta fuzz build video😁

cooder

Cool Dan! Hope the build works all out, as said I would suggest all 2N5088 trannies and make sure you orientate the 78l05 opposite to what silkscreen says. Any issues let me know, looking forward to seeing and hearing your hand painted version!
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Very nicely done.  That Vox is such a cool little guitar too.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on January 13, 2021, 11:46:48 PM
Very nicely done.  That Vox is such a cool little guitar too.

Thanks! That vox guitar is really nice, the pickups can go from single coil to p90 to humbucker pretty convincingly. The body carve is really nice and the neck is super thin, which is about the only thing I don't prefer about it. It has a neat bridge and plays great, it is a good guitar to demo with.