News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Triton and Ceres – DLS MKIII and Sabbra Cadabra

Started by Bio77, January 03, 2021, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Some recent Catalinbread builds, the Aion Triton and Ceres.  I'm really a fan of the extra SMD pad on the transistor layout.  Gives you the option to use through hole or SMD and doesn't take up much space on the layout.

The Triton, is a Dirty Little Secret MKIII clone, with two switches taking the place of an internal slider to select between the Super Bass and Super Lead sounds.  I didn't care for any of the demos I heard of the Super Bass, so, I decided to save the $4 in switches and just jumper them in the Super Lead position.  Thanks to mauman for helping me figure this out.

I really like the way the pedal sounds but it gets noisy with the pre-gain past 1/3 of it's rotation.  For others that have built this circuit, is that normal or do I have a bug?

This is the Aion Ceres.  I built this for a friend of mine who is a big Sabbath fan. 

mauman

cooder

Great builds and cool graphics!
My DLS isn't very noisy IMO so maybe you wanna check on the components. The DLS sounds fab by the way on 18V, becomes a different beast.
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Thanks guys!

Quote from: cooder on January 03, 2021, 05:57:19 PM
My DLS isn't very noisy IMO so maybe you wanna check on the components. The DLS sounds fab by the way on 18V, becomes a different beast.
Hmm, maybe its the 3904, I'll check it.  It sounds really good with the pre set low.  Aion has an 18V converter I might check out.  Thanks for the tip.   

Thewintersoldier

Awesome builds John, super crisp inside and out. Really nice gift for a sabbath fan as well!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

studiodunn

Bio77

Hexjibber

Super clean, great work inside and out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjjimi84

Nice work, I agree with you the super lead sound is where its at.

jimilee

Those look fantastic man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.