News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Push Me Pull You

Started by Aleph Null, January 05, 2021, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

This is a vero realization of Tim Escobedo's Push Me Pull You. The nice thing about this circuit over other analog octave up designs is that it doesn't require closely matched diodes or a transformer—just two transistors with similar gain characteristics. This circuit responds similarly to other analog octave circuits (best on the neck pickup around the 12th fret), but with more flexibility than something like a green ringer. Cowboy chords at low gain settings creating really interesting intermodulation distortion which you can't get anywhere else. Even at minimum gain, there is still a modest boost on tap (maybe 6dB). Higher gain settings offer plenty of gain to push an amp or another pedal.

The graphics are water slide under clear coat.

Potentiometer lugs are grounded through the chassis. Laying down the electrolytic capacitors allows for enough clearance even in a 1590A enclusure.

matmosphere

Awesome, love escobedo's designs.

That looks really nice and clean. The artwork in particular is top notch.

cooder

Excellent builld and it's orange! Great squeezage there. Never heard of that circuit, gotta check it out now...
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

That enclosure finish is top shelf! Really nice work.

mjg

Nice.  Huh, I'll have to check out that schematic.  Seems like a low part count build. 

alanp

Did anyone else think there were no controls on it, at first? I'm diggin' the orange.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aleph Null

Quote from: mjg on January 05, 2021, 07:46:53 PM
Nice.  Huh, I'll have to check out that schematic.  Seems like a low part count build. 

It is pretty simple. Here's the schematic I worked from:

And here's the vero layout I came up with:

Aleph Null

Quote from: jjjimi84 on January 05, 2021, 05:55:00 PM
That enclosure finish is top shelf! Really nice work.

I've been refining my decal technique. I bought the enclosure already powder coated from Tayda. I roughed it up with a 0000 pad, put down a layer of clear coat, put down the decal after misting the enclosure with a water/vinegar solution,  then put a few more layers of clear coat on top of that. I've been getting good results with this process. As long as I don't fuss with the decal too much when placing it, I don't get bubbles or silvering.

Quote from: alanp on January 05, 2021, 10:23:16 PM
Did anyone else think there were no controls on it, at first? I'm diggin' the orange.

I went with orange because I didn't have any orange pedals yet.