News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JLA Forums

Started by lars, July 18, 2020, 10:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Anybody have any experience with JLA Forums? I was thinking of registering, but I don't like that their registration page is unsecure (it even warns you as you're putting in a password - not a good feeling).
I mainly wanted to register to check out the additional pictures of this classified listing:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=526270775
It seems like it's legit and still for sale, but that price seems very low. The SAD1024 in that thing is worth more than the price they're asking. Why didn't they just list that on Craigslist or OfferUp? They would get double the price and it would already have sold a month ago. It all just screams "too good to be true" to me.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Scruffie

Zero clue about this specific forum (What is JLA?) but I am a member of other forums that a) have unsecure login pages (no, I don't like it either) and b) members are close knit and offering up a pedal at a cheaper price than you'd see on a marketplace is commonplace.

If that's the case here...
Works at Lectric-FX

lars

I did peruse some of the other classifieds on there, and it all seems legit (and there is some really great/rare gear on there; stuff I don't see for sale anywhere else like this: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=228219410 A Valco/National Bass amp??? Never knew they existed. The forum is full of stuff like that.).
The forum itself has been around for 15 years. I would probably use an email address I don't care about to sign up, just in case it's a spam/bot machine.

lars

Just as an update on JLA forums as a warning...it is NOT legit. I recently stumbled onto a listing on JLA, that was word for word and picture for picture a COPY of one of my craigslist postings. Apparently that's how JLA gets their "listings". It's all BOT-generated from listings by other people on other sites.
What a load of garbage!