Main Menu

Gibson Announces Acquisition of Mesa/Boogie

Started by Tremster, January 06, 2021, 09:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Quote from: Aentons on January 07, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
Quote from: atreidesheir on January 07, 2021, 07:06:27 PM
Quote from: Willybomb on January 07, 2021, 04:33:00 AM
Gibson did a pretty good job of near burying Kramer over the last couple of years....
Don't forget what they did to Steinberger.
And Tobias...

And Cakewalk Sonar

skyled

I think if you compare the rat's nest of vintage Gibson amps with the insanely complicated and difficult to repair Mesa Boogie amps, this pairing makes perfect sense.

lars

They should combine the name:  Messon/Goobie
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

rockola

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 08, 2021, 05:27:51 AM
Yeah, the only thing that has kept them from running the Gibson brand into the ground is that, no matter what, lots of people will always want Gibson Les Pauls.
That's probably exactly what all the accordion makers thought. Always is a very long time.

matmosphere

Quote from: rockola on January 10, 2021, 11:38:28 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on January 08, 2021, 05:27:51 AM
Yeah, the only thing that has kept them from running the Gibson brand into the ground is that, no matter what, lots of people will always want Gibson Les Pauls.
That's probably exactly what all the accordion makers thought. Always is a very long time.

I am not a Les Paul fan or owner, perhaps I should change instruments!

thesmokingman

I remember when someone brought me a gibson ga-35 they bought off ebay because they saw an Uncle Doug video where he modified one ...

They're telling me all about the video and how he made it sound better while I was pulling the chassis out of the cabinet. When I got the amp out and on my bench I stopped them and said, "I don't care what you saw on the internet. This is a flying spaghetti monster of shit."
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX