News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Foxxy Fuzz, Plexi Gold and Crystaline Octodrive

Started by cooder, January 08, 2021, 05:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

First boxing shenenigans of the year, here we have a Foxx Tone Machine. I did use 2n5088 transistors with around 420 Hfe as the type of transistor apparently has not too much bearing on sound as long as it's around 400+ Hfe.
I did match the octave diodes out of a bunch of BAT46 and they sound great to me, lots of octave responsiveness and coverage over different neck positions.
It's a beastly beast.

Hail the fab four...

Plexi Gold is Keeley El Ray Dorado version. Plexi and more Plexi.

Crystaline Octodrive is a two in one banger. 'Sir' Chuck on pedalpcb forum helped me with his enlightened advice on this, cheers man. Legend.
The lower switch selects a 'Chuck version' of EQD Chrysalis, nice low to mid gain OD. Switch up and we get some Roger Mayer Octavia madness with added tone control, thanks again to Chuck's musings.
Rippin' fuzz and unruly (in a good seventy-ish way) Octave Fuzz.
The Hi/lo switch adds 9 to 18V selectable charge pump and that's great on both circuits, the octave really behaves quite differently on 18V and is probably my favourite on first impression on that higher voltage. The Chrysalis OD gets a good more punch.
Nice pedal it turned out.
In a recycled enclosure, that's the reason for black spray paint inside and the LED position being a bit off. It's all goovy though.

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

love everything about these, and you knw how I feel about blacked out inner enclosures. Great work cooder. BTW, where do you get your pcbs done?
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Cheers Chris.
I get the boards done here, so far good experience and service, no complaints at all. https://jlcpcb.com/
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Those are dead sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

cooder

Cheers guys!
Quote from: jimilee on January 08, 2021, 06:50:48 PM
Those are dead sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad those get you aroused even though there's not a phaser inside. ;)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Round of a applause from the midwest! I always love your builds and your board layouts, top shelf.

TGP39

Layout skillz are off the charts!  love these.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.