Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: Aentons on September 02, 2021, 02:32:51 PM
They had 29 new cases at my kids elementary school yesterday
Yikes!  I'm freaking out over a single case.  I can't imagine what I'd do at that sort of news!  My kids are unvaccinated (too young), and one has asthma.  They eat lunch at crowded tables.  That alone made me nervous.  Even though kids seem to do ok with the virus on average, they aren't immune, and I worry about long haul symptoms, which haven't been fully studied. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

thesmokingman

what? your phone doesn't ring twice daily with covid+ announcements from your kids' schools? They sent my youngest home for close contact quarantine on the third day of school. A couple nights ago the county school board held the mask mandate meeting and they had some grade school kid at the podium yelling at the board about how he doesn't want to wear a mask. I'm over here wondering what changed over the summer. They had mandatory masks as recently as the first week of June, now it is up for debate and opt-out? Meanwhile the farm stores are sold out of horse de-wormer because people would rather shed their intestinal lining from overdose than mask up and get vaccinated.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

madbean

Once again, while I understand and share outrage over the politicization of COVID, masking and the vaccine let's not steer into it here. There's just no positive outcome. I'll just keep stating this over and over: the vaccine is safe and effective. Masking and social distancing also reduces transmission and should be used when needed or requested.

Sorry if I am a broken record at this point :)

Govmnt_Lacky

I'm just going to put this on here and then I will have nothing more to say on the matter.

I am not for or against vaccination. I believe it is a personal choice. Get it. Don't get it. Its up to you. That being said, lets look at what has transpired so far. Regardless of excuses:

1) Shut everything down and social distance with masks to be worn everywhere - Didn't stop it
2) Vaccinations for everyone - Didn't stop it.
3) Now the plan is to go back to Step 1?

This thing is mother nature. You cannot stop mother nature period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

END RANT (if it is one)

madbean

This is precisely the type of thing I wanted to avoid. Locking thread for now.