News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

One benefit of being front line hospital workers is my wife and I got our first dose of covid vaccines this week. My hospital was administering the moderna shot and hers the Pfizer shot. No sickness or side effects in either of us other than soreness in the arm for the first 24 hours and a little lethargy. No one else at work that got it I talked to reported anything major either. I get my second shot February 1st. I hear that the second dose has more of punch but nothing worse than cold like symptoms.
  Still a lot of people I talk to at work or in general think the shot is full of nanobots and 5g and voodoo. I think resistance is futile and post apocalyptic movies and tv have taught me that the resistance lifestyle is not for me lol. In all seriousness I know a lot of people who got covid and long term side effects so I don't want to deal with that not transmit it to parents or my youngest daughter who has bad asthma already. I would also like to get the kids back in school and maybe see a movie or concert again or go on vacation!
Just curious if anyone else has gotten the vaccine and how it was for you. I'll update with me and my wife's reaction to the second dose when we get it at the begining of February. This is not a pro big pharma post or conspiracy theory thing either. Just want to let anyone know my experience who is on the fence about getting it and may be worried about side effects or reactions. In any case my sister in law who is an icu nurse at tamp general hospital got the moderna shot and she has severe allergies and allergic reactions to alot of medications and she was fine. I know everyone is different but I haven't personally known a person yet to have a bad experience. Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Who the hell is Bucky?

culturejam

I plan to get my micro-chip shot as soon as they will let me.  ;) ;D

QuoteStill a lot of people I talk to at work or in general think the shot is full of nanobots and 5g and voodoo.

Let's hope that all these people stick to their beliefs and don't get the vaccine and then nature sorts things out.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on January 09, 2021, 07:25:51 AM

QuoteStill a lot of people I talk to at work or in general think the shot is full of nanobots and 5g and voodoo.

Let's hope that all these people stick to their beliefs and don't get the vaccine and then nature sorts things out.
I plan on getting mine ASAP. I don't believe the conspiracy.

While agree with you, I hope none of them work with my mother, I'd hate to lose her as crazy as she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

crashguitar

Just got on the list as an educator. Probably won't happen for several weeks but I am happy to at least be on the list.

midwayfair

Please don't say things like this.

If the exhorting you not to wish death on other human beings isn't good enough, I (and probably you) have friends who are immunocompromised and can't get most vaccines, including the flu vaccine and will not be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine, so hoping that the people around them don't get the vaccine is wishing death on them, too.

matmosphere

Okay, first off, they won't. They'll run out and get it as soon as they can, they just won't tell anyone they did.

Also, honestly at this point we need to figure out some way to engage these people and show them how ridiculous and harmful these lies are. We can't let something like what went down this week happen again.

PapaKev

I most likely will not. My 3 kids have all had Covid, ages 32,31,29 and my brother has had it, age 58 and all 4 wouldn't have known they had it until testing positive. My 145 pound youngest son, who just tested positive at the beginning of the week, age 29, and has type 1 diabetes, is working out in the garage at the moment. All 4 said the only symptom they had/have was not having smell or taste.

gordo

My wife has come out of retirement to spend about 3 or 4 days a week administering vaccines (Pfiser I believe).  Ironically since we both had Covid, we have to wait until February to get our doses.  I'll be jumping on it as quickly as possible.

Shoot me up with MT-2 baby!!

I feel good, but I'll admit I haven't felt quite "normal" since contracting the virus so wouldn't wish it on anyone, even considering my symptoms were quite mild.  Given that I've just recently turned 63 I suppose I feel all those years as much or more than any lingering effects.  I think this week has sort of proven that you can get a large number of people to believe damn near anything, especially in the wake of the fact that it's hard to believe in ANYTHING these days.  I would hope that this country and those that it influences will come to their senses.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

I was kidding with my above comment. Probably should have heavily notated that at this point in where we are with society. I don't want anyone to die or suffer, especially over something so monumentally idiotic.

And yes, they'll almost all go out and get the shot when it's widely available. Tough-guy internet talk, for the most part.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

I'm not even sure how to begin having a real conversation with these fine folks. I'm walking around on eggshells all the time trying to avoid making perfectly logical statements that might end up arousing violence. I'm fucking sick of it. But I have no clue how to have an actual substantive dialog with people who are wrapped up in these conspiracies.

matmosphere

Quote from: culturejam on January 09, 2021, 11:18:34 AM
I'm not even sure how to begin having a real conversation with these fine folks. I'm walking around on eggshells all the time trying to avoid making perfectly logical statements that might end up arousing violence. I'm fucking sick of it. But I have no clue how to have an actual substantive dialog with people who are wrapped up in these conspiracies.

Yeah, I figured it was just a joke, sorry CJ. I have definitely talked to people that do feel that way though and it's in no way constructive.

I totally feel you about how to start those conversations. I don't have the answer, but I strongly feel like that's what we have to do.

jjjimi84

Wouldn't it be kind of crazy that the side effect of the vaccine is you schlong gets three inches bigger?

Could you imagine having a fourteen inch rod?

(This was taken from my convo with my brother)

In all seriousness, I am a 36 y/o healthy male who has had covid, as much as I would like to get a vaccine I wouldn't feel right doing so until the people who deserve it, got it first.

culturejam

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 09, 2021, 11:26:18 AM
Yeah, I figured it was just a joke, sorry CJ. I have definitely talked to people that do feel that way though and it's in no way constructive.

I totally feel you about how to start those conversations. I don't have the answer, but I strongly feel like that's what we have to do.

I should have noted in my original post that I was joking. Otherwise, it just looks callous and ignorant. Appreciate you not letting me skate on that.  ;D

I think we can probably start to find some common ground in the next several months. Now that we will (most likely) be getting back to the old, comfortable shit-show that the presidency and federal politics has historically been, I think some of the daily reality-show circus antics will fall away. Not have a major scandal break every couple of days is going to be nice.

Remember when a blow job was the craziest thing that had ever happened in the White House? I miss that.

mattc

If they were injecting me with HM-2s instead of MT-2s I'd be the first in line!

Sadly, I'll have to wait a few months.