News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 02:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

I've had the rona twice and it was like a mild cold for me.
Even more mild the second time around, don't think I'll be getting or need the vaccine.

Just stayed home and let it run its course, pretty sure it was what I had back in November 2019, same exact symptoms, but not as bad this time.

Ironically caught it while following the guidelines. 🤷‍♂️

atreidesheir

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 28, 2021, 04:17:27 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on January 28, 2021, 03:45:07 PM
I don't blame them for doing teachers first. It makes sense, people really want their kids back in school,

I would agree... if it wasn't for the fact that teacher's unions are arguing that they do not want to go back to in-class instruction even after getting prioritized for the vaccine  ::)
I teach and have been face to face with full classrooms of students since the first week of August.  I just received my second Moderna shot two days ago.  I took preemptive tylenol and avoided the feverish side-effects some experience.
I know you are referring to your local situation, but you are painting the picture with a very wide brush.  In TN, counties prioritize their vaccines.  Teachers were prioritized third behind nursing home/co-morbidities and 75 and over 1st, frontline med staff 2nd, then teachers in my county.  It was done to to keep schools open. 

Our schools in my county have been hit hard by Covid.  My son is 11 and had it.  We live alone and I did not catch it.  He was totally asymptomatic.  The kicker was I was sick as a dog for 2 weeks before and during XMAS and tested negative three times, while he tested with me, was positive and danced around and had a great extra long vacation. 
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

culturejam

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 28, 2021, 04:17:27 PM
I would agree... if it wasn't for the fact that teacher's unions are arguing that they do not want to go back to in-class instruction even after getting prioritized for the vaccine  ::)

The prioritization of educators varies greatly by state. Here in NJ, teachers *were* near the top of the list but were recently demoted in priority to anyone who smokes cigarettes. There are several teachers at my wife's school that still haven't even gotten their first round vaccination shot, but school was back in session 4 days a week starting the second week of January. How's that for stupid?

In my view, anyone who works on the "front line" (meaning that you work with the general public and can't control who you'll be in contact with on any given day) should get priority over work-from-home and office workers.

No idea when I will be eligible. Probably May/June.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

EBK

My wife works in healthcare (she performs ERGs on eyes, so not frontline stuff), and she is on the phone every day trying to get a vaccine.  We live in Virginia, but she works in Maryland.  She keeps getting passed to "someone else" and doesn't seem any closer to getting vaccinated.  The person coordinating shots for her employer didn't include her on the email, so she missed her best opportunity, unfortunately.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

culturejam

Quote from: EBK on February 17, 2021, 03:52:11 PM
My wife works in healthcare (she performs ERGs on eyes, so not frontline stuff), and she is on the phone every day trying to get a vaccine.  We live in Virginia, but she works in Maryland.  She keeps getting passed to "someone else" and doesn't seem any closer to getting vaccinated.  The person coordinating shots for her employer didn't include her on the email, so she missed her best opportunity, unfortunately.

Yep, it's a shit-show from top to bottom. But considering the clown show that was running things when the pandemic kicked off, it's amazing we're not all dead.  ;D

Aentons

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/retail-pharmacy-program/participating-pharmacies.html

This is the state by state list that shows what pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart) where you can book an appointment for a shot. It's different for every state. I would imagine this is likey how most people here in the states will be getting it

Aentons

Quote from: Aentons on February 17, 2021, 04:34:09 PM
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/retail-pharmacy-program/participating-pharmacies.html

This is the state by state list that shows what pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Walmart) where you can book an appointment for a shot. It's different for every state. I would imagine this is likey how most people here in the states will be getting it

Im stuck with walmart so I tested the process and this is the screen I get when I try to make an appointment

Here are the direct links to scheduling:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302

https://www.samsclub.com/pharmacy/immunization?imzType=covid

https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

matmosphere

Edit//

Blarg.. sorry my frustration got the better of me.. carry on

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: EBK on February 17, 2021, 03:52:11 PM

Its a circus here in MD. Just recently, we had ALL but 770 doses of the vaccine pulled from our county and sent to other mass vaccination sites because the people there were going public and saying they were being discriminated against and not offered the vaccine. Seemed to be a political move on the part of the Governor. Lots of people in my area lined up for their 1st and 2nd doses showed up only to be told they were "not available." The local state congressman publicly lashed out at the Governor's office about it. Its all screwed up here  :-\

Muadzin

Still going extremely slow over here. Less then 1% of the population being vaccinated.

EBK

My wife is finally getting her first shot today.  The strategy that worked was finding someone who successfully got theirs, find out how they signed up, and having them help you hit the website each day to try to get an appointment slot before they are all gone.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

Got my second shot last Thursday.  Felt pretty crappy about 4 hours in and stayed that way for about another 12.  All good.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

My state decided to change the eligibility requirements a week before I would have been up to make an appointment so now I'm looking at mid April before I can even think about it

davent

General population, my age bracket, officially not until July, yeah right, we'll see...  they just started on Monday, yesterday, doing those over 85 years old and they're swamped.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

My wife got her second shot about a week ago. I'm on the wait list for the first shot. No telling when I'll get the call.