News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Quote from: midwayfair on April 24, 2021, 08:49:23 AM
We're only allowed to go into the office with permission and we need a damn good reason to do so, but the lights are all on (they're motion sensed), the vending machines are stocked, etc. It really is kind of creepy.

I believe I'll no longer have an office when we open back up. I can do everything I currently do from home, but unfortunately might get stuck with some project work that uhhh requires my physical presence in a specific location, which is really irritating if I'm being honest.

We've been "work from home" for a year now, and I suspect that will be the way of the future.  It will and won't work at the same time.  We're a project based company (typically in the $20M - $50M per project), and while you can do some work effectively from home, the reality is at the start of a project (like we're just getting in to now), you need a lot of interaction with all parties involved and that works better face to face until you get far enough into fabrication that most items become routine.  I can see us changing to modular work station layout, where we pickup a new space with less physical area than we currently have, and people come in on a needs basis.

Back to the topic on hand, my jab in the arm has been rescheduled to next Thursday due to shortage of vaccine.  And I've just come off a jobsite where there was a massive outbreak in the trailer next to ours (read 8 ft away), so there's that.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

EBK

I currently have Moderna stab #1 scheduled for this Friday.  Not looking forward to it, but I need to do my part for the war effort.  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 26, 2021, 08:49:36 AM
We've been "work from home" for a year now, and I suspect that will be the way of the future.

Only for officework, and even then... I've seen a lot of people come and go at my job and some people just don't work much (or at all) without either supervision, or other people actively working in their area.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

I like to work alone, need to work alone but if i had to work, do my job from home, i don't think i could do it, i had to have jobs that were site specific and couldn't be taken home with you, punch the clock and done. Home was the escape the refuge.

All the best to all!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

Quote from: alanp on April 26, 2021, 09:00:39 AM
Only for officework, and even then... I've seen a lot of people come and go at my job and some people just don't work much (or at all) without either supervision, or other people actively working in their area.

Yeah, that's kind of my feeling/point.  We're a relatively small office (<30 people), and about 12 need more or less constant attention or things don't get done/aren't done right.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aion

Pfizer #2 about an hour ago. Almost no symptoms for the first one so I'm hoping for another good dice roll on this one too.

Aentons

Just got scheduled for the JJ shot tomorrow at my nearest CVS "drug store"

madbean

Quote from: aion on April 26, 2021, 01:30:27 PM
Pfizer #2 about an hour ago. Almost no symptoms for the first one so I'm hoping for another good dice roll on this one too.

If you start believing you are at a Phish concert and the audience is made up of gophers that's actually totally normal.

harryklippton

Got my second Pfizer just about 24 hours ago. Feeling pretty good. Don't wanna jinx myself

rmfroyd

Had my 2nd Phizer on Saturday.  Felt great other than a sore arm Saturday.  Sunday I woke up feeling like I drank 24 beers, and I only had 12 so that wasn't fair....Seriously it felt like an all day hangover that you couldn't shake, the likes of which I haven't felt since my early 20's.  Then at about 4 ocklock I started sweating profusely and 10 minutes later I was fine.  My wife felt fine about 4 hours later.

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on April 26, 2021, 06:06:46 PM
Quote from: aion on April 26, 2021, 01:30:27 PM

If you start believing you are at a Phish concert and the audience is made up of gophers that's actually totally normal.

Notices roadie is Carl Spackler..

Aentons

Quote from: Aentons on April 26, 2021, 02:23:22 PM
Just got scheduled for the JJ shot tomorrow at my nearest CVS "drug store"
Got my single shot yesterday and zero effects so far

jkokura

Scheduled for my first dose this afternoon. I don't know which type, but it's mostly been Pfizer and Moderna locally. I'd prefer the Pfizer personally.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

harryklippton

My only effects from my pfizer second dose on Monday was swollen armpits

gordo

Interesting.  This is the second report of armpit lymph node problems I've heard.  Weird.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?