News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker775

My 17 year old got his second jab of Pfizer today.  Curious to see how he'll be tomorrow.  I was fatigued the day after but not real bad.  Very similar to if I had tied one on the night before.

Stomptown

My wife and I had Moderna #2 yesterday.  I had a mild headache and arm pain after about two hours and thought I was mostly in the clear. Woke up at 3AM with terrible head and body aches, fever, chills, nausea, and dizziness. My wife is now dealing with body aches and dizziness but she's doing better that I am overall. Hopefully we start feeling better by tomorrow.

jubal81

Quote from: Stomptown on May 07, 2021, 02:54:23 PM
My wife and I had Moderna #2 yesterday.  I had a mild headache and arm pain after about two hours and thought I was mostly in the clear. Woke up at 3AM with terrible head and body aches, fever, chills, nausea, and dizziness. My wife is now dealing with body aches and dizziness but she's doing better that I am overall. Hopefully we start feeling better by tomorrow.

That was me. Next day was better, but I was exhausted. Second day I was fine, like nothing happened.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Got 2nd Pfizer this morning. Same shoulder pain as first jab but I feel pretty normal otherwise so far.

Invertiguy

I got my second Moderna shot at the local Walmart pharmacy on Tuesday. Got a headache and developed a low-grade fever with the accompanying chills and body aches that evening which lasted for around 24 hours but by Wednesday night I felt fine again except for a sore arm. Not great, but I'll take that over actually getting COVID any day!
Doomsday Devices

GermanCdn

Quote from: davent on May 07, 2021, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on May 07, 2021, 02:48:24 PM
Had Mod Jab #1 yesterday with my wife.  Felt really good for 6 hours, then outright crashed (i.e. slept) for 12 hours, and today feel fine beside a little injection pain.  Bonnie didn't fair quite as well,  joint pain and general lethargy today, but she typically has those reactions to the flu shot as well.

#2 scheduled second week of June.

Which one did the two of you get? Very busy at the venue?
dave

Modern a.  Wasn't busy, but it was a very small pharmacy so by definition it can't be that busy.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

madbean

Daughter has been very sick all week. We had to get her tested. Third test, third negative. I'm glad but this is getting a bit frustrating. I think the under 16 group will be available soon from what Ive heard.

However rapid testing is impressive. They did it at CVS at a small building that was constructed just for COVID testing and had the results in 30 minutes. After the negative, they brought us into the little clinic and she saw their on site doctor who tested her for Strep (neg) then gave us a list of OTC meds to get for her symptoms. No waiting, no bill for anything. This must be what other countries are used to but it was kind of amazing to me.

slacker775

I do have to add that it has been shocking to see how swift it has been to be able to get the jabs here in Florida, with caveats of being in an urban area and having at least basic computer savvy.  In my county, the DoH has a site (using SalesForce of all things on the backend) that keeps it simple and actually works well enough.  I was able to get the in-laws scheduled back in Jan/Feb without any fuss and then myself, the Mrs and my oldest in early April as they lowered the age requirements.  The facility was like walking thru a Disney ride as a celebrity.  We had the shot in under 5 minutes of arrival and then just had to wait the 15 minutes.  I know other areas have lines out the door and it takes hours which is a massive barrier to getting the shot at all.   It's astounding when the local government can have their collective crap together well enough to make the process surprisingly smooth.

Getting flu shots for the kids is usually a much larger hassle than this one has been.

EBK

I got Moderna shot #2 today.
Shot #1 gave me back pain for a few days (I think it did, anyway based on the timing-- getting older could have also contributed). 
I am hoping for some side effects to shot #2 to let me know it is working.  ;D

Update:  vaccine is definitely working.  I feel full-on achey and faux-fevery.  8)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

I got my second Pfizer shot a few weeks ago.  Sadly, it has not improved my guitar playing.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Has it improved your cellphone reception?  ;) ;D

I checked the NZ Govt covid19 website, and I'm in the least priority group, and due for the jab about... July-ish?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

About 24 hours after my shot, every part of my body is aching.  Even my hair hurts.  I go from freezing to sweating, depending on whether I'm on Tylenol.  My thoughts are cloudy. Not fun.  Still, it beats getting COVID-19, I'm sure, so I'm oddly thankful for my symptoms. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on May 29, 2021, 06:11:04 AM
About 24 hours after my shot, every part of my body is aching.  Even my hair hurts.  I go from freezing to sweating, depending on whether I'm on Tylenol.  My thoughts are cloudy. Not fun.  Still, it beats getting COVID-19, I'm sure, so I'm oddly thankful for my symptoms.

Hope it doesn't last too long. I wonder if there is any correlation between how bad your reaction to the virus is to how badly getting COVID would make you sick. Probably no way to know I guess.

redkurn

Quote from: EBK on May 29, 2021, 06:11:04 AM

Those were the exact symptoms I had for a week, short the sweating, my fever would come on around 8-9pm like clock work, but I would sleep most the day and be extremely cold most of the night.

I didn't even know I had it because ear infection at the same time, the ear infection was actually worse for me and nothing they gave actually worked.

gordo

Any experts correct me here (and there are a lot on this forum) but I think that's the worry with younger kids is that their immune systems are so on point that the symptoms might be rather severe.  My mom (in her 80's) had just a minor sore arm.  I (in my 60's) had pretty minor reaction for 24 hours.  When I had Covid I had what I'd consider minor symptoms as well.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?