News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

Still no shot here in the Netherlands, but we have of course the worst minister for health in the universe. It's only now that at 52 I'm finally eligible to get the vaccine. I have an appointment for over 2 weeks time. Probably Pfizer or Moderna, as Astrazenica has been restricted to 60+ only. Some age groups are getting Jansen, if you're born in 1967 to 1968.

slacker775

Quote from: gordo on May 29, 2021, 01:02:37 PM
Any experts correct me here (and there are a lot on this forum) but I think that's the worry with younger kids is that their immune systems are so on point that the symptoms might be rather severe.  My mom (in her 80's) had just a minor sore arm.  I (in my 60's) had pretty minor reaction for 24 hours.  When I had Covid I had what I'd consider minor symptoms as well.
My 17 year old got his second Pfizer shot in early May and his symptoms were about the same as mine - feeling pretty bleh the next day with a low fever and soreness.   That went away by late afternoon the day after the shot and nothing since then.   My 14 & 15 year olds get their second jab of Pfizer next week but I suspect they will have very similar side effects.

Scruffie

Got Pfizered about 90 minutes ago, can't really lift my arm, my back aches and I feel a little out of it and I couldn't be happier.
Works at Lectric-FX

Bret608

Congrats! I got both rounds of Moderna and just had the arm soreness and a low fever on the second one.

redkurn

Quote from: gordo on May 29, 2021, 01:02:37 PM
Any experts correct me here (and there are a lot on this forum) but I think that's the worry with younger kids is that their immune systems are so on point that the symptoms might be rather severe.  My mom (in her 80's) had just a minor sore arm.  I (in my 60's) had pretty minor reaction for 24 hours.  When I had Covid I had what I'd consider minor symptoms as well.

My Daughter falls in the "high risk" category, My wife and I decided not to tell her that we all somehow managed to contract it, but she didn't even notice.
Didn't feel well for a day and fine after, We weren't exactly worried though and the reason we decided not to disclose to her is the same most governments regret making this out to be way worse than it was, she would have went into extreme panic mode.

Just what I saw happen, I don't know if others children would experience something worse.

culturejam

Quote from: Scruffie on June 02, 2021, 05:13:25 AM
Got Pfizered about 90 minutes ago, can't really lift my arm, my back aches and I feel a little out of it and I couldn't be happier.
I got the 'derna, and had the same thing with the arm. It felt super heavy for half a day. Then a little malaise and all good.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Scruffie

Quote from: culturejam on June 03, 2021, 06:56:48 PM
I got the 'derna, and had the same thing with the arm. It felt super heavy for half a day. Then a little malaise and all good.
It wasn't heavy as such (apart from maybe the first six hours when I was still a bit dazed) just any movement 'the wrong way' felt like tearing every muscle in it, nearly back to normal this morning though... unless I poke it.

A day and a half with only one arm working and sleeping on my right side was worth a little avoiding a potentially horrible death.
Works at Lectric-FX

etbandung

i got vaccine from 11 june 2021 (10.00am)and now 13 june 2021
the vaccine is astrazeneca after 30mnt-1hour vaccine i feel sleepy ultil i felt asleep later on when the sun set i got fever for 2 days on day 3 i fell better no headache
English Today Pelatih Bahasa Inggris Terpercaya, kami memiliki beberapa cabang Kursus Bahasa Inggris Di Bandung , Jakarta , Medan , Bali. Dengan Program pilihan yang sesuai dengan kebutuhan anda.

Willybomb

I'm booked in.  Won't get it until next month.

Muadzin

Got my first shot of Pfizer last saturday, gave a zumba class the next morning. Only thing I noticed was like somebody punched my left arm.

Scruffie

Quote from: Scruffie on June 04, 2021, 02:23:53 AM
Quote from: culturejam on June 03, 2021, 06:56:48 PM
It wasn't heavy as such (apart from maybe the first six hours when I was still a bit dazed) just any movement 'the wrong way' felt like tearing every muscle in it, nearly back to normal this morning though... unless I poke it.

A day and a half with only one arm working and sleeping on my right side was worth a little avoiding a potentially horrible death.
I did get some further effects (although as forum age goes, I'm on the lower end which seems to impact reaction severity) the Saturday gave me a very bad 2 hour dizzy spell and some minor heart fluttering through Monday and then a 103/72 blood pressure drop on the one week anniversary, which took it out of me for a couple of days, but totally back to normal now and I've just done several days strenuous work.

A friend of my mum's, son, apparently had heart fluttering too and was understandably quite panicked so a potential side effect to be aware of, although I feel I should say, be sure to follow up with your medical practitioner.
Works at Lectric-FX

davent

Just booked, Friday afternoon my wife & I get #2, 1st was Pfizer this one will be Moderna. With the first the deltoid area was tender if pressed on otherwise no noticeable side effects.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

I didn't know the vaccines doses could be mixed like that.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Quote from: davent on June 22, 2021, 04:44:04 PM
Quote from: EBK on June 22, 2021, 03:14:30 PM
I didn't know the vaccines doses could be mixed like that.

Pretty common here, maybe even the norm.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/recommendations-use-covid-19-vaccines/rapid-response-interchangeability/summary.html
dave

Today's paper said that because Pfizer is the only one approved for 12 - 17 year olds, at least locally Pfizer shots are only going to that age group.
dave