News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Had my first jab today, through work (they're getting all employees jabbed who want it.) After the jab itself, we had to sit for observation for a wee while. My arm didn't start hurting until about eight hours later.

Bearing in mind that more than a hundred people work at the freezing works, I only heard of one guy (who had angina, probably a contributing factor) having a reaction -- he had difficulty breathing, and they took him to the hospital. The vaccinator lady (I asked and yes, she was a registered nurse) told me to move my arm around that night to help it work better. I told her that, since I'm on the nightshift at the moment, that won't be a problem!

Different countries have different requirements, both in terms of product, and also in terms of processes, or how things are done. Currently, China requires temperatures to be taken at the gate (one of those point and click plastic gun like things, aimed at the forehead), and they do not currently require workers to be vaccinated. I haven't heard of any special EU or US requirements for covid, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Quote from: alanp on July 19, 2021, 08:04:20 AM
Had my first jab today, through work (they're getting all employees jabbed who want it.) After the jab itself, we had to sit for observation for a wee while. My arm didn't start hurting until about eight hours later.

Bearing in mind that more than a hundred people work at the freezing works, I only heard of one guy (who had angina, probably a contributing factor) having a reaction -- he had difficulty breathing, and they took him to the hospital. The vaccinator lady (I asked and yes, she was a registered nurse) told me to move my arm around that night to help it work better. I told her that, since I'm on the nightshift at the moment, that won't be a problem!

Different countries have different requirements, both in terms of product, and also in terms of processes, or how things are done. Currently, China requires temperatures to be taken at the gate (one of those point and click plastic gun like things, aimed at the forehead), and they do not currently require workers to be vaccinated. I haven't heard of any special EU or US requirements for covid, though.

Which vaccine did you get Alan, second appointment booked?

My dentist's staff does the temperature test on patients when they arrive for appointments but you can't enter the office/building until notified. I walked 10 or so minutes to the office, still early, beautiful sunny day sat outside in the sun with a black hat on my head, when i got in and they took my temperature, the alarm goes off everybody stops and looks,  i'm over heating, i'm a marked man. Had to go sit in an isolated corner for maybe five minutes and they did my temperature again, fine, went ahead with the appointment.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

Pfizer -- all of NZ is Pfizer, our govt medicine purchasing outfit buys in bulk for price savings (and is also not attached to name brands when it suits them.)

Aug13 for the next one.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Someone in NZ has the Delta variant... naturally, he decided to jump in his car and go for a drive (before he had symptoms, to be fair.) I'm starting to wonder if one of the early symptoms is itchy feet and the desire to go for a wander.

So, we're at Level 4, full lockdown. It wouldn't piss me off so much if *I* got a holiday too, rather than continuing to work at the slaughterhouse while other people stay home and play Xbox.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

mjg

Much the same here - we hadn't had a case in the city where I am in over 100 days or something, then the delta variety kicked off in Sydney and has spread to here too. 

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday, feeling a bit wiped out and my arm is not happy, but it's worth it to not get the full symptoms. 

jimilee

Here, it's spiking and everyone decided it's not a thing anymore. If you ignore it, it doesn't exist, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Quote from: jimilee on August 17, 2021, 07:04:40 AM
Here, it's spiking and everyone decided it's not a thing anymore. If you ignore it, it doesn't exist, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now if it were head lice or some other visible creepy crawler it'd be a thing and protocols would be put in place. Can't see it therefore it's a hoax...
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

peAk

It's blowing up here again in Houston.

Lame

Hope it doesn't mess up my Yellowstone vacation.

dont-tase-me-bro

I have tickets to a concert on Monday, I think I may just skip it.  Seems too risky.  I didn't know Ticketmaster now has a feature where you can resell your seat right through their app, so they get the service charge multiple times
I thought this would save me money.

gordo

In the US it's been so politicized early on that it's just like a droning noise on the news by now.  Masks, no masks, masks, no masks...  Like Jimi says, it's like nobody gives a crap anymore and sometimes it's hard to blame them.

My wife is a retired nurse (although still doing Covid follow up calls from home) and mentioned that nurses are quitting in droves now.  They're so burned out from the craziness, and so many people are just acting like asshats that a lot of them are deciding that it's not worth the aggravation. 

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fig

I've stopped watching or reading the news, or any TV....

I'm feeling muucchhh better now.
I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

Willybomb

I've had my 2 jabs of pfizer.  I've also told the missus to stop watching and listening to the news - it's stressing her out.

danfrank

Quote from: peAk on August 17, 2021, 03:14:01 PM

Lame

I was in downtown yesterday and it was a ghost town. Kind of a weird feeling.

davent

Quote from: danfrank on August 18, 2021, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: peAk on August 17, 2021, 03:14:01 PM

Lame

I was in downtown yesterday and it was a ghost town. Kind of a weird feeling.

I now find it way more uncomfortable being out walking with people all around then i ever felt when we were a ghost town, i really enjoyed the lack of humanity and traffic.
dave

Muadzin

Quote from: alanp on August 16, 2021, 11:38:48 PM
Someone in NZ has the Delta variant... naturally, he decided to jump in his car and go for a drive (before he had symptoms, to be fair.) I'm starting to wonder if one of the early symptoms is itchy feet and the desire to go for a wander.

So, we're at Level 4, full lockdown. It wouldn't piss me off so much if *I* got a holiday too, rather than continuing to work at the slaughterhouse while other people stay home and play Xbox.

If they can still lock us down, even though we're vaccinated, then what is the point of getting the jab of an experimental vaccine? It's basically like nothing will ever change.

Quote from: fig on August 17, 2021, 06:14:32 PM
I've stopped watching or reading the news, or any TV....

I'm feeling muucchhh better now.

Yeah, me too. The business model of the news these days seems to be to generate traffic through click bait. And constantly scaring us, or making us angry seems to be the best click bait.