News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Univibe suggestions

Started by Guybrush, January 09, 2021, 09:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hi gang

I'm looking for some suggestions for a kit for a classic Univibe please. I'm ideally looking for a maximum of three knob without any extra bells and whistles (no need for a vibe/chorus switch etc). Does such a thing exist?

All suggestions very welcome.

Cheers!

gordo

There's a lot of good stuff out there.  The Harbinger series is as close as any I've played if you're looking for a run at the original.  Keep in mind that the chorus/vibrato switch was on the original and the only addition, in terms of functionality, is the classic/modern switch (buffer aimed at keeping the highs - the original had a tendancy to knock off a bit of the top end).  To date the vibes I've kept are the 3 Harbingers, a Pangea, and a Voodoo Labs Vibe.  I owned an original with the controller and the original box back in the day.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Guybrush

Thank you Gordo. Really great info and enormously appreciated.

I'll check out the Harbinger for sure.

Cheers!

TGP39

I agree with Gordo here.   The Harbinger projects are spot on and fantastic. The vibrato/chorus switch is not something I would want to omit on a univibe pedal.  You can simply jumper the classic/modern switch if you're not interested in that modification.   
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.