News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mn3207 in place of mn3007

Started by ksenanekro, January 10, 2021, 08:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksenanekro

hello there people!
i've searched everywhere in the forum, and couldn't find anything that could help me.

i was wantering what should i change in rustbucket schematic/board in order to make it work with the more available 3207 chips.

i've made a small clone using 3207 in place of 3007, but in rustbucket i have no clue how i could do that.

thanks

madbean

Unfortunately, you cannot sub the 3207 for the 3007 in the Rustbucket.

ksenanekro

ok...i see...
i just hoped it would work...

is it also cause 3207 workes with 9V?
i've read the pork barrel pdf and that gave hope...if i could design a new layout would it be possible?

madbean

In certain cases you can change designs for the different BBD technologies. In single supply designs, this is usually just a matter of switching power and ground in a couple key places. You can also flip positive ground designs to negative in a similar way to use the 32xx in place of the 30xx chips. The Rusbucket is a bi-polar supply design it's just not going to be straight forward to do a similar conversion, IMO. Maybe it's not impossible, but when you factor in the time it would take to figure it out you're better off just spending a few more dollars and using the correct chip. I could see it maybe being worth the effort for a commercial or production version but not for this particular circumstance.