News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Super Fuzz

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 16, 2021, 06:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Another great layout from Kevin. I decided to go with the tone knob instead of the switch because why not have more tones? I went with nos transistors from smallbear hoping to squeeze every last drop of mojo out. Fantastic sounding, massive! this thing is as beastly as Hank McCoy. No film Decal on tayda box. Waiting on parts from smallbear for my standard fuzz so keep your eyes peeled for that...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Tured out flippin' awesome and the box looks amazeballs! Thanks for the great tutorial on the no film stuff!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Great work! Beast was always such a great character on the animated series.

jimilee

Dammit, you're on fire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danfrank

More knobs = always better!

Nice build!

flanagan0718

Love the Beast graphic! Great job!
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, its a fun pedal to play loud!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Drew Hallenbeck

Another nice looking build there!
I'm glad you posted this one and the tutorial on the no film decals. I remember reading about that stuff in a post here a while ago and I ordered the supplies to give it a try, just haven't gotten around to it yet. You've inspired me to finally give it a go!
Hopefully I'll end up with results as clean as what you've managed.......
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Bret608

Sweet! I used those same 2sc828s in my Standard Fuzz, all around 210-220 hfe. Some people say you need even lower gain but I don't totally buy it--they sound great and the upper octave is really prominent. I'd like to build this too sometime to see the difference.