News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SFT + SHO

Started by Hexjibber, January 17, 2021, 12:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Latest off the blocks is a request from a mate, it's an SFT with one half of a Super Duper 2 in 1 (so an SHO with a volume control). Includes an order switch and charge pump toggle. Lots of shades of dirt available on tap, I love the SFT and these extra bells and whistles worked really well I must say!

Being honest though this build was a nightmare, all of my own doing! You know those ones where nothing seems to go right?! Just poor planning on my part as well as numerous other mess ups! I persevered though and glad to have it done as well as being pleased with the end result despite weeks of frustration!

Anyway, some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

Excellent, top notch etch and looks there! Great stuff!
BigNoise Amplification

rockola

Love the colors. Very spiffy.

jjjimi84

That is one gorgeous box, nice work.

Hexjibber

Thanks guys! [emoji846]

TheDude

I'm in love with this enclosure! What did you do to get the color gradient? I'm assuming the design is then etched, yes?
The dude abides

PapaKev

Hexjibber

Quote from: TheDude on January 17, 2021, 12:21:57 PM
I'm in love with this enclosure! What did you do to get the color gradient? I'm assuming the design is then etched, yes?
Thanks! [emoji41] It's etched with the design in reverse so the etched part is raised rather than recessed if that makes sense? Then I used three different spray cans to do the fade, it's a bit of trial and error but you start heavy and slightly lift off by tilting the cab up to create a fade, then do the next colour and so on the blend them together. Then sand it back to reveal the design. Hope that helps!

m-Kresol

glorious build. Really nice colour fading and the etch is top notch once more.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Hexjibber

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 18, 2021, 12:25:48 AM
glorious build. Really nice colour fading and the etch is top notch once more.
Cheers Felix! [emoji846]