News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Idea for a new phaser design.

Started by jimilee, January 17, 2021, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Crazy, I know.  While trouble shooting the glass hole led not flashing, I got distracted with the LDRs. By moving your hand around them I could get some crazy phasery sounds. It was very cool. I thought this would make a great box to accompany a theramin.  Is it possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Except if your playing, what you going to wave over the LDRs?  I suppose, then, you could call it "B4 the Glass Hole". Taint quite a phaser. 

Just realized I'm typing this in a church...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 17, 2021, 03:43:33 PM
Except if your playing, what you going to wave over the LDRs?  I suppose, then, you could call it "B4 the Glass Hole". Taint quite a phaser. 

Just realized I'm typing this in a church...
Bwahahahah just like a theremin sir. Hit a chord a wave your hand like you just don't care. Or with a looper I suppose. I don't know, it was just really cool. [emoji16]

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

You could have the LDRs exposed somehow and hover over that with your foot to make  a differnce in light? I think I have seen a 'light wah' concept like that before or some pedal, I think it was a Rick Holt creation. Have to do some google digging...
BigNoise Amplification

TFZ

Search for "opto theremin", there is plenty of designs around.

thesmokingman

so you want a zvex candela vibrophase then?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jimilee

Quote from: thesmokingman on January 18, 2021, 04:31:21 AM
so you want a zvex candela vibrophase then?
If it does the described things,certainly.   [emoji23]

LaceSensor

Quote from: cooder on January 17, 2021, 06:50:22 PM
You could have the LDRs exposed somehow and hover over that with your foot to make  a differnce in light? I think I have seen a 'light wah' concept like that before or some pedal, I think it was a Rick Holt creation. Have to do some google digging...

Robert Henry / DeadAstronaut did the light wah

Lovetone do similar things with their Light jack CV controllers, which is literally a LDR soldered across the tip and ring of a 6.35mm jack

culturejam

Devi Ever did something like this several years ago, but not with a phaser. It was called Eye of God, I think.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Interesting