News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boost...

Started by woolie, January 22, 2021, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolie

I'm looking to build a very small boost board for putting straight into guitars. As solo boost as it were. So a clean +-20dB boost. This would be inline in your guitar and activated with a push button on your volume knob (For instance).

The Ernie Ball Majesty does this really well.

The idea is I'd put it on some of my guitars, and offer it as a service for people for whom I am working on their guitars.

Any thoughts, caveats, suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jimilee

There is a great vero layout for a small LPB1. Google is your friend here. There used to be a smd layout somewhere. You may have to google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

http://www.muzique.com/pcb.htm ... either the minibooster or the mosfet booster ... pcbs are a little bigger than an inch  by inch and a quarter ... tiny
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Bio77

What will power the boost? If a 9V, The PCB size is not really that limiting.

Maybe just a resistor on a switch right at the guitar output would get you the same effect.  In the on position it would cut 20dB (regular mode), in the off position it would boost.  You could compensate the 20 dB volume drop in regular mode by bringing the PUs closer to the strings??