News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCB Guitar Mania Master Phaser (Maestro Stage Phaser) Odd Issue

Started by rundgrenrules, January 25, 2021, 04:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rundgrenrules

I built the Master Phaser from PCB Guitar Mania and the functionality seems to be all there. However, the switch (which I believe switches between 5 and 6 stages) also causes a pretty big bass cut - like a high pass filter - when switched to the DOWN position. I don't know what number of stages is UP switch and DOWN switch as this is not in the documentation. Surely this isn't normal?

I know it might be a more obscure build and maybe I am unsure of the nature of 5 and 6 stage phasing and perhaps this is just how one of those types of phasing sounds.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Betty Wont

I believe that project is a straight up copy of the Madbean Stage Fright. My stage fright does the same thing. The extra "bonus" stage cuts a lot of bass. The setting that sounds good is the stock setting, the lilted one is the extra stage.

rundgrenrules

Thank you!

I am pretty sure it is a copy of the Stage Fright, which is the PCB I was trying to get my hands on originally but someone on here suggested the Master Phaser as a replacement.

It is odd to hear all that bass cut.  Kind of a cool effect on its own but less useful than another full fidelity phaser stage setting.

Interestingly, I seem to get a bit of a volume, bass, and treble boost when the switch is set to the default setting.  Its like the phaser adds a lot of low end and high end excitement and kind of hollows the mids out a bit.  Its a great sound, and this is a studio tool build, so I will just re-EQ the amp to sound best when engaged.