News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Darkhorse discrepancy

Started by Aentons, January 28, 2021, 07:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

It looks like there may be two revision represented in the build doc. C12 is either shown as 2n7 or 3n3 depending on where you look. Any opinions on which value is preferable?

madbean

Good eye, I never noticed the discrepancy. I believe it should be 2n7 based on Peter's BOM listing and schematic. The only place he shows 3n3 is on the PCB image. So, it may be that it changed to 2n7 at some point. I used 3n3 on mine.

I'll make a note of it in the doc.

Aentons

Cool, thanks. Yep, I noticed yours was using the 3n3. It is listed as that on the BOM page as well. The schematics, Shopping List, and Values page show as 2n7

Edit: the Patreon download files schematic shows it as 3n3

madbean

Quote from: Aentons on January 28, 2021, 08:31:41 PM
Cool, thanks. Yep, I noticed yours was using the 3n3. It is listed as that on the BOM page as well. The schematics, Shopping List, and Values page show as 2n7

Edit: the Patreon download files schematic shows it as 3n3

Well, I've changed to docs to 2n7 so I'll stick with that. The difference does shift the treble cut/boost range a little but I probably not enough to worry about one vs the other.

Aentons

I also noticed while building mine that the pad shape for the clipping leds are reverse from what the VFE builds normally are. It took me a minute to figure it out. The square pads are negative.