News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Here’s what I’ve been working on (Pic Heavy)

Started by jimilee, February 02, 2021, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

There is a method to my madness. I work on a bunch of pedals at the same time, I order a bunch of parts and finish them one after the other. It's much more satisfying I think. Now I just gotta find more space to put them. Here we go:

I bought these boards in 2016 for a fund raiser for some body. It's a tap tempo set. The MSS will double and triple the tap speeds. The pedals are a wah, a phaser and a tremolo. The wah is kind of subtle but the phaser and tremolo are nice. Since they are a set, I decided to keep the artwork uniform and generic...

This is the glass hole. The art is my goofy ass brother in law.

This is the collosalus, I've had this one for so long, it's stupid. With a 12v power supply, it sounds amazing. I think the build doc should say it has to be used with 12v and drop the onboard charge pump. I love it.

And finally, the low rider. I've had this one forever also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Dang!  That's a lot swirly goodness.  They all look awesome!  I'm partial to the Collosalus, need to play thins one more.

jjjimi84

That collosalus and low rider are some hot shit right there!!! Dang, some really nice work as always.

cooder

Excellent! That artwork with your Brother in Law made me spill my coffee...
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on February 02, 2021, 05:57:27 PM
Excellent! That artwork with your Brother in Law made me spill my coffee...
It was taken at Easter one year while the kids were hunting eggs. I've been holding it for a while now.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on February 02, 2021, 04:39:15 PM
Dang!  That's a lot swirly goodness.  They all look awesome!  I'm partial to the Collosalus, need to play thins one more.
At 12v it can't be beat. I listened to a lot of YouTube videos, it seems pretty dead on to me. I stead of a C500k, I used a C1m pot for the speed, it can go ridiculously slow.

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on February 02, 2021, 06:23:05 PM
At 12v it can't be beat. I listened to a lot of YouTube videos, it seems pretty dead on to me. I stead of a C500k, I used a C1m pot for the speed, it can go ridiculously slow.

I've got one in my de-bug pile (I've got a working one too), your convincing me to try and get it going with these mods.  Why 12V instead of 18V regulated down to 15V?

gordo

I thought the bro in law might be with the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

My collosalus (original layout) is still whiny. One day I might fix it... when the Flintlock fails to satisfy me :D

Jimi, nice collection of stuffs... was expecting more phaser, though, where's the NLC 329 phaser? ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on February 02, 2021, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 02, 2021, 06:23:05 PM

I've got one in my de-bug pile (I've got a working one too), your convincing me to try and get it going with these mods.  Why 12V instead of 18V regulated down to 15V?
Still super noisy. I tried a wall wart 18v and my Dunlop power brick at 18v.

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on February 02, 2021, 10:29:06 PM
My collosalus (original layout) is still whiny. One day I might fix it... when the Flintlock fails to satisfy me :D

Jimi, nice collection of stuffs... was expecting more phaser, though, where's the NLC 329 phaser? ;)
Wait, what??? [emoji16]

Edit, no thank you. Too many smd. I've built a couple of those, I don't think I'd like to do that again.