News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tractor Beam passing signal but no effect (even with trimpot adjustment)

Started by wizestwizard, February 02, 2021, 05:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizestwizard

I'm not entirely sure, this is only the second pedal I've built with relay switching instead of just the standard 3pdt. What's strange to me is that when I press the switch, the status LED stays on, but it's very obvious that the signal path is in bypass no matter what. I ordered the right relays (Mouser is out of them, which is probably how I ended up ordering the wrong ones lol) so I'm just going to switch them out. Hopefully I can pull the old ones out of the boards though, I also have a mini mu in the works that I haven't finished yet lol

danfrank

The status LED is driven by a different circuit than what the relay is driven from. That's why your LED is acting as it should. The relay isn't because of what you said, non-latching...

wizestwizard

According to the switching board doc, that doesn't seem to be the case?

"When the relay is in bypass-mode, pin7 of the PIC puts out a continuous 5v which is applied to the gate of
Q1. This grounds the power rail created by R2 to turn off the bypass LED by using the mosfet as a switch.
IOW, the nominal state for the LED is on and the mosfet "interrupts" (grounds) the power to the LED on
bypass. The 20k trimmer is for the user to control their preferred LED brightness."

Either way, I had the wrong relays and the board was behaving as if it was always in bypass, so I pulled the relays out of the board and am going to put the latching ones in