News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triumvirate build

Started by redkurn, February 02, 2021, 08:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

In the PDF it says:
"In the Notes section I suggest a mod for the Treble band distortion which replaces R11 with 4k7 and C14  with 470pF. I strongly urge you to use this mod (or at least socket both components and compare them yourself).The 4k7 and 470pF are listed in the Shopping List above."

Does this mean the parts in the shopping list are already switched to the mod or I should order 1 more?
The schematic shows the part values, but I'm not seeing any socket designations for R11 or C14 or I am becoming blind. 😂

Aentons

Yes, the mod values are in the list so you do not need to order extra. You won't see sockets specified in a schematic.

redkurn

thank you, i was getting confused over this.  :-[

redkurn

One other question, I'll be ordering the resistors anyway, but will I need to install R5 8k2,R6 10k resistors?
I see it says those are for the choral reef, but I don't want to not order and need them.

Also, what does Brian mean by this, it looks like it is soldered to the VFE_SBv3 pcb at SW, but also connects to the stereo input?
"Battery wiring is independent of the v3 switching board and should be done directly."

Thanks again, I'm need to building and learning as I go. :D

Aentons

Quote from: redkurn on February 03, 2021, 02:07:54 AM
One other question, I'll be ordering the resistors anyway, but will I need to install R5 8k2,R6 10k resistors?
I see it says those are for the choral reef, but I don't want to not order and need them.

Also, what does Brian mean by this, it looks like it is soldered to the VFE_SBv3 pcb at SW, but also connects to the stereo input?
"Battery wiring is independent of the v3 switching board and should be done directly."

No, you do t need those resistors.

It means don't use a battery :)

madbean

Quote from: Aentons on February 03, 2021, 05:03:56 AM
Quote from: redkurn on February 03, 2021, 02:07:54 AM

Or, alternatively it means there is no dedicated battery hookup on the SB3 PCB. You can still use one if you use a TRS style input jack. In that case it is standard battery wiring: your negative battery lead goes to the Ring on the jack and plus lead goes to the battery connection on the DC jack (assuming you are using a jack that has that connection - some don't). When no DC jack is connected you are on battery power, but you still have to remove the input jack to conserve battery life when not in use.

Batteries will drain faster in VFE builds because the switching circuit will be drawing power in addition to the audio circuit.

redkurn

Quote from: Aentons on February 03, 2021, 05:03:56 AM

Didn't plan on using one, guess i have spare resistors coming in.  ;D
Thanks for the help!

Quote from: madbean on February 03, 2021, 06:34:14 AM
Or, alternatively it means there is no dedicated battery hookup on the SB3 PCB. You can still use one if you use a TRS style input jack. In that case it is standard battery wiring: your negative battery lead goes to the Ring on the jack and plus lead goes to the battery connection on the DC jack (assuming you are using a jack that has that connection - some don't). When no DC jack is connected you are on battery power, but you still have to remove the input jack to conserve battery life when not in use.

Batteries will drain faster in VFE builds because the switching circuit will be drawing power in addition to the audio circuit.
I'm using the standard 1/4 mono, so I'll leave the resistors out.
Thanks, also fast shipping, i ordered on the 3rd and already here!  :D

redkurn

Quote from: madbean on February 03, 2021, 06:34:14 AM

Found it here, the 4.5v is in the US warehouse.
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/tq2-l-4.5v/panasonic/

Found the TC7662B here listed on the mouser list, but that one is coming from the netherlands for $46 shipping, so subbing with what appears to be the same according to the datasheet TC7662BCPA -> TC7662BEPA
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/tc7662bepa/microchip-technology

Going to also build the Alpha Dog and The Triplet
Ordered 3, and the Alpha Dog doesn't need it, so I will have a spare I suppose...