News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass Machine - Junk Trunk Gas Tank Combo

Started by Bio77, February 07, 2021, 04:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I've been wanting to use a powder coated 1590XX ever since Tayda started offering them.  Here is a combo of MB's Junk Trunk and Gas Tank.  I wanted these together to skip the 1/8 inch connection between the fuzz and the filter. 

The fuzz sounds cool.  The filter is a bit finicky, but there are some sweet spots.  Together they give you some synthy goodness. 

gordo

Madbean Bass Machine. Someone's a poet and don't know it.

Very nicely done.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

jimilee

That's badass sir. I was trying to decide which two to put together myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mjg

We've just seen a super clean mad bean bass machine. 

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

That looks like they were designed to be boxed up like that!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

TGP39

Wow.  Beautiful job inside.  Well done. 
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Thewintersoldier

Super Clean John looks fantastic. I love the green and black, looks great.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on February 07, 2021, 04:56:27 PM
I've been wanting to use a powder coated 1590XX ever since Tayda started offering them.  Here is a combo of MB's Junk Trunk and Gas Tank.  I wanted these together to skip the 1/8 inch connection between the fuzz and the filter. 

The fuzz sounds cool.  The filter is a bit finicky, but there are some sweet spots.  Together they give you some synthy goodness. 

Does th envelope follow were still work if the gas tank isn't on, or is it just a cocked way sound?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on March 20, 2021, 02:26:12 PM
Does th envelope follow were still work if the gas tank isn't on, or is it just a cocked way sound?
The envelop works without the JT.  However, it's not my favorite envelope.  I wanted to build them together because of the clean feed from the JT to the filter.  I thought that was cool. 

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on March 20, 2021, 05:37:12 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 20, 2021, 02:26:12 PM
The envelop works without the JT.  However, it's not my favorite envelope.  I wanted to build them together because of the clean feed from the JT to the filter.  I thought that was cool.
I"m putting mine into a single also, I was just curious about the logistics because of the switching jack. Thanks the info.

CaptainPeyote

Hey, would you mind posting how to do the hard-wired envelope like you did?  It looks like only two wires are needed - and one is ground.  I'm assuming you just connected S to S for the ground and T to T for the signal line?  And assuming that's true, did you just use a meter to figure out which pad on the Gas Tank is ground and which is for envelope signal?  Thanks in advance :)