Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Let's make suggestions on the next Giveaway

Started by madbean, February 09, 2021, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Any idea how many stages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: Aentons on February 10, 2021, 06:46:11 AM
Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2021, 06:37:40 AM
1590B optical phasor!

Here's an interesting one.. fx90b. It's similar to a phase100 I think

Well, there are definitely more DOD projects coming including some of the stereo ones (I already have one ready to prototype). But, like I said the Giveaway boards need to be more on the beginner to intermediate level builds.

I'm digging the fixed Wah idea (actually something I had been thinking about). I'd like to put a Wah in a 1590B with expression pedal input option. But, there's a problem with trying to make an expression pedal pot simulate the "ICAR" taper in a Wah.

Aentons

DLW

Distorque Pitch Incinerator. I'm surprised how rarely people build this circuit considering how unique and awesome it sounds.

http://distorqueaudio.com/hardware/projects/pitch-incinerator.html

Aentons

I would also be excited for a simple ring mod and I happen to have a friend's borrowed moog ring mod open today, so here are some pics to show the complexity level for those who may not have seen one.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: alanp on February 09, 2021, 09:41:46 PM
A simple bass/mid/treble tonestack with a single opamp to make up any gain lost.
That would be useful. I also use these standalone hpf and lpf alot. It does use a 100kA dual gang pot but I don't think those aren't too difficult to find

vizcities

I recently built a Korg MS-20 VCF on vero that's powered by +9v and has a low parts count. Great LPF, neat resonant frequency. Not exactly a cocked wah, but in a similar vein...

The aforementioned Vorg Warp is basically a cocked wah/fuzz hybrid.

harryklippton

Quote from: vizcities on February 10, 2021, 09:38:14 AM
I recently built a Korg MS-20 VCF on vero that's powered by +9v and has a low parts count. Great LPF, neat resonant frequency. Not exactly a cocked wah, but in a similar vein...

The aforementioned Vorg Warp is basically a cocked wah/fuzz hybrid.

This sounds really cool

madbean

Yeah I've messed with a couple of MS20 designs. That's a good contender.

gordo

Isn't this sort of like picking out your own Christmas present?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

benny_profane

Another vote for some sort of filter. I'd find a Baxandall or HPF/LPF combo more useful than a cocked wah, personally.

Or, a no-knob HM-2 with everything set to max (...maybe add a volume knob).

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on February 10, 2021, 10:58:25 AM
Isn't this sort of like picking out your own Christmas present?
Never disappointed.

Willybomb

I'd suggest an EM Drive except I haven't managed to make one that didn't sound like a fart in a jar....

Willybomb