News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whetstone kits

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 07:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Mine arrived today. Got 3 stickers and 4 picks! Very cool.

Are you guys using the BOM shown in the main ebay photo? I figure that's probably about as good as we're going to get.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Ordered mine yesterday, good guy. He owned and was blackout effectors. He decided he was tired of the pedal biz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Got mine wrapped up.  Kinda silly since there are already a Madbean and an Aion project available but the deal breaker was the enclosure.  Really nicely done and surprisingly I thought they were powder-coated but it's sprayed with a nicely detailed silkscreen.

I used switches I had a available for the DPDT toggles.  They don't have threaded collars so it looks a bit wonky with the threaded SPDT's but hey...

Mine came with the chips and transistors, the trim pot, the stomp switch, the rotary switch, a C1M pot, and the DC jack.  Kyle emailed over the front and back of the build sheet but the picture in the eBay listing pretty much says it all.  The rotary was easy enough to grok and the trimpot just sets the output from the boost (which overcomes the problem of reduced output on the Small Stone).  Hardest part of the build was wrapping my head around having this much space in an enclosure  ;)

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on February 23, 2021, 08:12:21 AM
Got mine wrapped up.  Kinda silly since there are already a Madbean and an Aion project available but the deal breaker was the enclosure.  Really nicely done and surprisingly I thought they were powder-coated but it's sprayed with a nicely detailed silkscreen.

I used switches I had a available for the DPDT toggles.  They don't have threaded collars so it looks a bit wonky with the threaded SPDT's but hey...

Mine came with the chips and transistors, the trim pot, the stomp switch, the rotary switch, a C1M pot, and the DC jack.  Kyle emailed over the front and back of the build sheet but the picture in the eBay listing pretty much says it all.  The rotary was easy enough to grok and the trimpot just sets the output from the boost (which overcomes the problem of reduced output on the Small Stone).  Hardest part of the build was wrapping my head around having this much space in an enclosure  ;)

Yeah, but it's a sparkly red enclosure. I ordered one too because phaser. And yeah, I have built the other two as well, but phaser. Hey, can you chuck those docs up here in a PDF form or whatever?

Wohoo nice build.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

I ordered one. I really regretted letting mine go, and I had it traced and everything. I think I'll still build a copy of Brian's because I don't love the form factor, but it's been my favorite phaser I've ever owned, and I've had a few. Not like Jimmie, but it's my second fav modulation sound.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on February 23, 2021, 10:54:18 AM
I ordered one. I really regretted letting mine go, and I had it traced and everything. I think I'll still build a copy of Brian's because I don't love the form factor, but it's been my favorite phaser I've ever owned, and I've had a few. Not like Jimmie, but it's my second fav modulation sound.

Jacob

culturejam

Nice build, Gordo!

Quote from: gordo on February 23, 2021, 08:12:21 AM
Really nicely done and surprisingly I thought they were powder-coated but it's sprayed with a nicely detailed silkscreen.

I'm pretty sure the one I owned back around 2010 was powdercoated (the feel was a lot more smooth/glossy), but the silkscreen work seems identical.

harryklippton

Mine showed up today finally. If somebody could post the parts list, I'd greatly appreciate it!

culturejam

I'm going to use the parts list show in the ebay listing photo. Attached for reference.

culturejam

gordo

Gordy Power

harryklippton

gordo

Forgot to mention too that the wiring is pretty standard, use whatever bypass you want.  The only off-board wires of note are the rotary switch.  One of the ground points goes to the wiper of the rotary.  Pad 1 goes to the switch position that corresponds to "Normal", 2 is "Pads", 3 is "Ring", and 4 is "Fix".

The build sheet mentions 2 jumpers but I could only find 1.
Gordy Power

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on February 23, 2021, 02:19:34 PM
Forgot to mention too that the wiring is pretty standard, use whatever bypass you want.  The only off-board wires of note are the rotary switch.  One of the ground points goes to the wiper of the rotary.  Pad 1 goes to the switch position that corresponds to "Normal", 2 is "Pads", 3 is "Ring", and 4 is "Fix".

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on February 23, 2021, 02:19:34 PM

Are all of the toggles on on?