News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klein bottle DB switches center position

Started by befey, February 12, 2021, 12:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

befey

I'm almost done putting my bottle together and I starting thinking about why the DB switch is ON-ON-ON and not just ON-ON. The labels are only for the two positions. What does the center position do?

I almost had a heart attack when I realized I had ON-ON-ON switches in there and had to go check all the docs and my mouser order to make sure I got the right thing.

jimilee

There's a video somewhere that goes over how everything works, it's really cool. I built mine a while back but haven't messes with it. Have you had yours for a while and just getting started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

* Slope of the HPF/LPF is set by the 6dB / 12dB switch:

• 6dB: Modest cuts
  • 12dB: Extreme cuts (best for canceling out frequencies to assign specific bands to different loops)
  • Middle: 12dB/octave HPF and 6dB/octave LPF

More info here:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29603.msg287229#msg287229

befey

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I still don't see it anywhere in the docs, but thank you!

I did just finish my Klein Bottle. Literally just got done testing each loop to make sure everything is working as it should. Thanks to a few answers on this forum and slow careful building, it's working on the first try. I couldn't be happier with it.

I bought the kit almost a year ago and have been slowly putting it together as parts that were backordered came in and as I got answers to make sure I was doing everything right.

jimilee

Very nice man. I must have watched the videos and read over everything about 100 times. It's a great pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: befey on February 16, 2021, 09:56:29 AM
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I still don't see it anywhere in the docs, but thank you!

You can click on the specific parts the pedal picture to get the details like shown in the screenshot. Also visit the  "how it works section" and click around on that pic as well.

https://vfepedals.com/klein-bottle.html