News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Monad - Univox Unidrive

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 12, 2021, 01:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This is a fun drive/fuzz. This is full frequency so it will really push the bottom end. I find it really shines into an amp that's  already overdriving some. The original had a  stepped input and drive was controlled by a wah like foot treadle. Kevin also added a tone control that's an input capacitor blend for taming the low end and an internal feedback adjustment trimmer. This thing really cooks a tube preamp. Can get fuzzy/doomy with p90s into my tweed amp, some really bitchin tones.
    The enclosure was a smallbear blue powder coat I had that was darker than the pic on the website and the graphic just didn't have enough contrast. So I sanded it down. My first time on a bare enclosure with the no film. I learned it's best to take the time to work out all imperfections to get a uniform surface. Still turned out cool, has a little bit of a distressed look. Kevin named it the Monad but I took some liberties with the name and gave it a Nomad Steve Rogers theme.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Unbelievablely cool! As a die hard Cap fan this just blows me away. Killer work

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 12, 2021, 01:41:17 AM
Unbelievablely cool! As a die hard Cap fan this just blows me away. Killer work
Thanks Dan, I really liked the design and really like the black on polished aluminum look. if it's a build your interested in I could always do one for you, or another cap design for a different pedal, I owe you one!
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

I can't wait to build this one. Looks great as always

jimilee

Beautiful as always, nice job! Aion has great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.