News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Motorcylce restoration - a worthwhile watch

Started by madbean, February 12, 2021, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

One of the most engrossing youTube videos I've seen in quite a while. The process, editing, all spot on. His varying use of simple chemistry is quite amazing.

[youtube width=640]y8HEZ-x4-_w[/youtube]

cooder

Mesmerizing and the standard of many youtube videos has gone up so much over the years. What a smooth pro video production.
BigNoise Amplification

DLW

Amazing! I screeched out loud when he started collecting rain water.

***Spoiler alert*** A side car, too?!?!

thomasha

I like those videos, where there is no other sound than the tools. So relaxing.
Saw several of those, mostly about fixing small stuff, such as lighters and Swiss army knives.
This one is totally worth it.

gordo

Honestly, I don't know what possessed me to watch this but very glad I did.  True craftsmanship.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

Quote from: thomasha on February 13, 2021, 05:35:40 AM
I like those videos, where there is no other sound than the tools. So relaxing.
Saw several of those, mostly about fixing small stuff, such as lighters and Swiss army knives.
This one is totally worth it.
These are called ASMR videos. Many people watch them for the relaxing sounds rather than the actual content.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sleepless-in-america/201809/what-is-asmr-and-why-are-people-watching-these-videos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR

diablochris6

Such a great video and superb restoration. I like the teaser for his next restoration at the end.

It reminds me of a time where my dad and I were trying to get a little motorcycle up and running back in the mid-90s. We couldn't quite figure out what was going on with the carburetor. Troubleshooting issues, the fact that we were moving soon, and my mom not really keen on us having a motorcycle are the reasons why we ended up letting that dream go.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

davent

Great on so many levels, worth watching just for the film making skills, good lesson on prepping, painting and cleacoating...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Bio77

Cool video 8) 

Does anyone know what is going on with the car battery and the cut up AA?  I'd guess nickel electroplating or is that a Lithium battery?

alanp

Start watching the video... huh, I'd like to learn to ride a motorcycle, maybe get an old one that doesn't have more processing power than my last video card...

Partway through... yeah nah, I think I'll stick to my car and paying someone else to sort it out.

I've been enjoying Odd Tinkering's videos -- he does lighters, and also a lot of old games consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf_suVrG2dA5BTjJhNLwthQ
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website