News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SmallBazz - Germanium Discrete Darlington Bazz Fuss

Started by culturejam, February 12, 2021, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I posted something about this circuit a while back. It's a Bazz Fuss (of course), but with a pair of geremanium transistors in a darlington configuration. I used the oddball 2N1101 NPN transistor from Smallbear because it's available, relatively cheap, and nobody else is doing it.  8)

Added a gain control and some filtering here and there. I think it still needs a little tweaking, but it's got a decent sound as is.

The enclosure is from Love My Switches and I laser-etched the art. Then I used acrylic paint to back-fill the etched out parts (pickdropper taught me this technique). This was my first time doing this technique, and I think it worked pretty good. As always, getting good alignment is the devil in the details, but it's not *that* hard. Pretty nice look you can do 100% at home and on the fly. Here's my post right after I finished it so you can see it pre-drilled: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32273

I can't find my SMT parts stash, so the indicator LED doesn't work until I either find that box or my new resistor kit arrives. :/

I got some wacky colors of paint I'm going to try next (sparkle purple, etc). I'll post my findings.

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

midwayfair

aww, bear!

The bazz fuss really is a useful circuit.

TGP39

This laser and backfill technique is something I would love to do.  This looks really nice.  Great job.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

culturejam

matmosphere

Very cool. I love the Bazz Fuzz, lots of good learning can be done with that simple circuit.

Is this one going to become the next Function F(x) product?

culturejam

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 17, 2021, 09:39:01 AM
Is this one going to become the next Function F(x) product?

Negative. It's a neat little project, but not really something we would do as a branded product.  :)