News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TQ2-5V useful for pedals?

Started by redkurn, February 16, 2021, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

In my quest to find a TQ2-L-4.5/5v in stock, I ordered the wrong part and have 5 of these, also paid a little over $3 each, $25 on amazon.

Are these useful in any way for pedals, amp project or anything general use that would be interesting and useful to build?

I've got a little time to return them, but figured I'd ask before I did.
I know they likely aren't useful in the VFE bulls because they aren't latching, maybe they could make for something though...?

matmosphere

Yup, a lot of people use them for soft bypass circuits so they don't get that hard, audible click from 3pdt switches.

https://www.coda-effects.com/2016/04/relay-bypass-conception-and-relay.html#3

As far as using in the circuit for an effect, I haven't seen that. But they are very useful for switching. I have seen some Vero and perf layouts for circuits that use them as well.

redkurn

That's interesting, so I could technically design my own PCB with that chip and a GPIO and use them for powering on a pedal.

I'm not sure I would find much use for them at the moment, I'm just starting out and need my hand held a bit. 😂
Finding this site has been really helpful, I can see I still need to learn more about the components to fully understand what is going on though.

Aentons

redkurn

That's a little over a $1 less than I paid at arrow.com, I'll have to bookmark future tech.

Arrow apparently has multiple warehouses in Reno, Nevada so I got to pay shipping a few times on two IC, how does it work with future?

Aentons

Quote from: redkurn on February 16, 2021, 05:35:17 PM
That's a little over a $1 less than I paid at arrow.com, I'll have to bookmark future tech.

Arrow apparently has multiple warehouses in Reno, Nevada so I got to pay shipping a few times on two IC, how does it work with future?
I didnt pay tax or shipping since I bought 20. It came out to $2.68 per piece total. (They are actually cheaper now than when I bought them)

redkurn

Definitely going to order from them next time I need parts that are hard to find.