News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best Source for Small Amount of ⅛w Metal Film Resistors?

Started by Micpoc, February 22, 2021, 03:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micpoc

I had NO idea how much Mouser has apparently changed in the last few years, and I am now looking at spending a boatload of $$$ to get the ⅛w resistors for a Man O' War Deluxe. I've had spotty luck with Tayda resistors values in the past; Small Bear would probably be over $60 for all the values I need; and the Vishays at Mouser are about the same size as ¼w. Any ideas?

Barring that, will I have to use ¼w and stand them up?

davent

Looking at the board in the pdf it looks to me like standard resistor spacing for 1/4w's, no need for something physically smaller.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Micpoc

Quote from: davent on February 22, 2021, 03:18:52 PM
Looking at the board in the pdf it looks to me like standard resistor spacing for 1/4w's, no need for something physically smaller.
dave
There are two 1/4w's, but everything else is smaller; this is indicated in the Shopping List.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=31052.0;attach=22030;image

davent

Quote from: Micpoc on February 22, 2021, 03:27:26 PM
Quote from: davent on February 22, 2021, 03:18:52 PM
dave
There are two 1/4w's, but everything else is smaller; this is indicated in the Shopping List.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=31052.0;attach=22030;image

Google found me a Man O' War pdf and ignored the Deluxe in the initial search, you have the Man o War Deluxe which i now see is quite different.

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/_folders/Delay/pdf/ManOWar.pdf

You might look at 1/2w & 1/6w resistors too that come in the same size factor as the 1/8w.
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Micpoc on February 22, 2021, 03:04:35 PM
I had NO idea how much Mouser has apparently changed in the last few years, and I am now looking at spending a boatload of $$$ to get the ⅛w resistors for a Man O' War Deluxe. I've had spotty luck with Tayda resistors values in the past; Small Bear would probably be over $60 for all the values I need; and the Vishays at Mouser are about the same size as ¼w. Any ideas?

Barring that, will I have to use ¼w and stand them up?
I've bought quite a bit of tayda 1/8 watt resistors and had no problems. On the rare occasion they don't have a value I usually teepee in series two values to get what I need. Or you could just get that odd value they don't sell from smallbear.
Who the hell is Bucky?

DLW

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tayda resistors, in my experience. I measure every resistor before it goes on the board. Thousands of resistors without really any of them being out of spec.

Bio77

I've used Tayda resistors for about 3 years now with no problems.  The "Royal" ones they offer have thick leads and I can't detect a noticeable difference between those and Xircons. 

Micpoc

Yeah, I am just going to go ahead and order from Tayda. Now that I think of it, it was probably caps that I had some trouble with, not resistors.

When did Mouser start having this 200 resistor minimum? I've been a little out of the loop for the last couple of years and have not kept up.