News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Mach One Build Report and Demo

Started by jjjimi84, February 24, 2021, 12:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is a demo of the PedalPCB.com Mach One overdrive, a clone of a Greer Lightspeed and it is an overdrive..... I actually sold this thing and figured I should shoot a video quick before I packed it up. I remember reading about it and seeing all of these videos about it and it really getting hyped up and that was the reason I built it and I personally much prefer the sound of a green bean or vfe the scream or any other TS soft clipping style drive. Doesn't really do it for me and I don't understand all the praise but different strokes for different folks.

The video was fun to make, putting a time constraint on making a video, about an hour, made for some quick decisions and might be the way i operate going forward. I figured out how to use audio editing in the video program to smooth out things and make it seem almost semi pro. What I imagine a girls with low self esteem or Tony Wonder video would look like.

[youtube width=640]cBvzLENDNBo[/youtube]

It was made in a green enclosure because of this Jason Isbell line, I have been a DBT fan for way too many years and vividly remember Decoration Day coming out and blowing me away.

"Well, I used to go out in a Mustang, a 302 Mach One in green
Me and your Mama made you in the back and I sold it to buy her a ring"

harryklippton

Something about when you said "ok let's start jacking around with the volume" really made me laugh. You're a really great player too!

cooder

Nice demo again, thanks and great to point out when using single coils vs humbuckies :)
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Damn you.  I adopted a rabbit as a pet a very long time ago when my buddy's daughter went to college.  The damn thing hated everything and everybody so I went to see it and the rabbit and I bonded instantly.  It was a lop eared that lived to be about 13 and I spent countless hours with the tiny bunny on my chest just chilling.  The most useless/coolest pet I've ever owned, it was like a stress counselor and it was always just crazy happy to spend time with me.  Never understood it but really enjoyed it.

Was named 'Nilla (after the cookies)...hey, I didn't get to pick the name...and realized I miss her more than I can say.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: harryklippton on February 24, 2021, 01:09:10 PM
Something about when you said "ok let's start jacking around with the volume" really made me laugh. You're a really great player too!

Thank you very much, I love when people tell me they get a chuckle from what I say. My brother said he laughed "your getting to see how the sausage is made" I have fun with this and just try to make myself laugh.

Quote from: cooder on February 24, 2021, 01:18:31 PM
Nice demo again, thanks and great to point out when using single coils vs humbuckies :)

All based on your recommendation, so thank you.

Quote from: gordo on February 24, 2021, 01:25:26 PM
Damn you.  I adopted a rabbit as a pet a very long time ago when my buddy's daughter went to college.  The damn thing hated everything and everybody so I went to see it and the rabbit and I bonded instantly.  It was a lop eared that lived to be about 13 and I spent countless hours with the tiny bunny on my chest just chilling.  The most useless/coolest pet I've ever owned, it was like a stress counselor and it was always just crazy happy to spend time with me.  Never understood it but really enjoyed it.

Was named 'Nilla (after the cookies)...hey, I didn't get to pick the name...and realized I miss her more than I can say.

Send me a picture, I will try to paint it on an enclosure for you. I love hearing stories like this, I have a dog that is the same for me. Work has sucked for the last three months and I come home and throw snow balls with him and it makes it better.

gordo

That would be awesome, I'd really like that.  I'll dig up a good shot and a good project.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?