News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Foot switch for Cube amp help??

Started by rowland1, December 07, 2011, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowland1

I ordered a Cube 80. It should be here tomorrow. I'd like to build my own foot switches for the amp channels. effects, looper. It uses 3 Boss FS-6 switches.

The FS-6 switches have a polarity switch that should be set to the Left setting according to the Cube manual.

It should be really easy to make these. But I cannot determine if the momentary switches should be normally open or normally closed. Has anyone already figured this out??

Any help or suggestions for building the foot switch would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

keysandguitars

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

rowland1

Hi and thanks!! I had seen that but I have some doubt about its accuracy. It call for some caps and latching switches. The Cube amp manual specifically says to use the momentary switch setting on the Boss FS-6.

I have seen other post on the net of folks building the FS-5 or 6 with just momentary switches and a stereo TRS jack. But I cannot figure out if the momentary switch should be normally closed or open.

Can anybody confirm or refute the accuracy of the scematic in the link above??

The new Cube should arrive today. I will just experiment and figure it out. I will post back my results.

Thanks again!!
Rowland

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rowland1

Thanks Jacob!!
The first link you posted answered the question. The polarity switch set to the left is normally closed. I should be all set now to save ~ $150 on the footswitches.

Best, Rowland

rowland1

Just a follow up. I built the footswitch tonight with a couple "normally closed" momentary switches and a stereo headphone extension cord (1/4" plug). I cut off the female end of the cord and wired it right to the switches.
It works great. I'm loving the Cube 80.
Thanks!!