News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glasshole Op Amps?

Started by orangetones, November 07, 2021, 04:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangetones

Hi all. I have my glasshole all ready to power up, but I realized I don't have any tl074 here.  Forgot to order them.  I can get some, but I happen to have a bunch of MC33074AP chips here.  Would these work?  As I understand, they are not fet input chips like the tl074, but they are quad op amps.  Wondering if someone could let me know if they will work in place or not?  I guess I could just try them too... Thoughts?

jimilee

Quote from: orangetones on November 07, 2021, 04:31:27 PM
Hi all. I have my glasshole all ready to power up, but I realized I don't have any tl074 here.  Forgot to order them.  I can get some, but I happen to have a bunch of MC33074AP chips here.  Would these work?  As I understand, they are not fet input chips like the tl074, but they are quad op amps.  Wondering if someone could let me know if they will work in place or not?  I guess I could just try them too... Thoughts?

Hey hey! The pinout is the same, so it should be fine. Give it a go and see what you think.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Zerro

They are something between TL074-064 in noise eqivalent, 074 (low noise) has 18uV and 064 has 48uV. This babe has 32uV. Input impedance is sufficient, and gain and distortion is very good.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"