News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dumble ODS preamp with submini tubes

Started by jubal81, February 28, 2021, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Wife working from home started me on a silent rig quest that led me this and now I'm in headphone heaven.

It's a full Dumble ODS preamp with Russian 6n17b submini tubes in a 1590XX enclosure. I used grill cloth to cover the heat vent ports for the tubes.
Well-worn 555 SMPS with about 140V at the plates.

I added a high-voltage mosfet buffer on the output (Dumbleator style) and it even works really well as a boost/OD pedal into another tube amp. Mostly I run it into a delay > diy Surfy Bear reverb > Two Notes Cab M+.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

peAk

Wow, thats beautiful

I absolutely love what you did with the grill cloth.

harryklippton

jimilee

Oh hell yeah, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Stomptown

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

Amazing, if it sounds half as good as it looks then I'm sure it is headphone heaven.

dan.schumaker

That looks awesome!  After working on amps (including building some Dumble amps), its amazing how few components are needed to sound good, compared to some pedals.

Thewintersoldier

This is so impressive on so many different levels, would love to hear it. Great work!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

mjg

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

PapaKev

Willybomb

Put me down for a pcb if you ever decide to sell them!

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website