News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Companion Fuzz and Eqd tentacle

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 28, 2021, 12:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here are a couple small builds that I put together this weekend while I had some spare time. First up is a Aion Fy-2 companion Fuzz. Simple straight forward can of bees with optional volume boost and mids knob. It's like a fuzzrite on steroids. Next is the eqd tentacle which is a modded green ringer. I like using octave up on a clean tone sometimes so this is fun to have. Low parts count on both is always a plus. I'm starting my 2 chorus builds next so Im gonna be busy for a couple weeks with that so I figured I'd throw these together. Miles Morales on the companion Fuzz and doc ock on the tentacle. No film decals on tayda powder coated enclosures.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Excellent, another two great companions on your Fuzz quest! Top notch!
BigNoise Amplification

harryklippton

Always killer! I was hoping you had gone with Omega Red on the tentacle though since I'm partway through the current wolverine run and x of swords ⚔️⚔️

jimilee

Nice, those looks great. Very clean. I really like the looks of your pedal "Brand", very clean and detailed.

Here's a question, what does your pedal storage system look like? Mines is boxes everywhere so far. I have some Rubbermaid shoe boxes that work well also. There has to be a better way. Takes me forever to find what I'm looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on February 28, 2021, 02:01:54 PM
Thanks Stephan, can't wait to see what your cooking up. Always fun to see your new creations.

Quote from: harryklippton on February 28, 2021, 02:20:30 PM
Always killer! I was hoping you had gone with Omega Red on the tentacle though since I'm partway through the current wolverine run and x of swords ⚔️⚔️
omega red was one I was considering but I'm a spiderman guy at heart and I'm trying to do a sinister six group and already have a couple down. The x-men was probably my second favorite series and I have quite a few of them done as well.

Quote from: jimilee on February 28, 2021, 02:53:43 PM
Nice, those looks great. Very clean. I really like the looks of your pedal "Brand", very clean and detailed.

Here's a question, what does your pedal storage system look like? Mines is boxes everywhere so far. I have some Rubbermaid shoe boxes that work well also. There has to be a better way. Takes me forever to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks Jimi, honestly I have 3 spots in the basement. The biggest stash is in a table that has two big ass baskets built into it. Then on top of my piano I have a bunch on display, followed by what's on/around my pedalboard. I plan on putting together a big 5 shelf book shelf to put them on. I can do multiple rows per shelf. The piano would then be overflow. I'd like to do each shelf as a category, like modulation, overdrive or delay.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 28, 2021, 03:16:05 PM
Quote from: cooder on February 28, 2021, 02:01:54 PM
Thanks Stephan, can't wait to see what your cooking up. Always fun to see your new creations.

Quote from: harryklippton on February 28, 2021, 02:20:30 PM
Always killer! I was hoping you had gone with Omega Red on the tentacle though since I'm partway through the current wolverine run and x of swords [emoji3538][emoji3538]
omega red was one I was considering but I'm a spiderman guy at heart and I'm trying to do a sinister six group and already have a couple down. The x-men was probably my second favorite series and I have quite a few of them done as well.

Quote from: jimilee on February 28, 2021, 02:53:43 PM

Thanks Jimi, honestly I have 3 spots in the basement. The biggest stash is in a table that has two big ass baskets built into it. Then on top of my piano I have a bunch on display, followed by what's on/around my pedalboard. I plan on putting together a big 5 shelf book shelf to put them on. I can do multiple rows per shelf. The piano would then be overflow. I'd like to do each shelf as a category, like modulation, overdrive or delay.
Ah, nice categorizing. I hadn't thought about that.

I love me some Spider-Man too.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Very cool stuff. Into The Spider-Verse is IMHO the best comic book movie ever made.

I appreciate how much Marvel is changing their characters around lately. They've been telling Peter Parker stories for 60 years now right, so I think it's okay to change it up a bit.

jjjimi84

Man oh man that companion fuzz is killer! I love the enclosure color with the graphics, nice work!

Bio77

Those look sharp.  I like how you handled mounting that Tentacle board, going to try that.