News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Junk Trunk massive volume drop SOLVED P

Started by wizestwizard, March 05, 2021, 06:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizestwizard

Just finished the Junk Trunk and it passes signal and I can hear it don't some envelope filter type things, but there's a MASSIVE volume drop with the effect on vs when bypassed. I've checked all voltages against the build doc and they match up, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

mickey.bellinello

Hi! I see that there is a bridged pin in the (refer to the photo) last ic and probably in other place.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: mickey.bellinello on March 08, 2021, 10:48:53 AM
Hi! I see that there is a bridged pin in the (refer to the photo) last ic ;)

Agreed. Looks like short between Pins 6 & 7 of the TL074 directly below the MBP logo.

wizestwizard

Thanks guys! I'll check this out when I get home, I looked over the board and didn't see any bridges, so it's possible that this is more the angle of the picture than anything, BUT I hope I'm just blind and that this stones the issue lol. That's usually the first thing I check, but it was late so definitely possible that I missed it.

jimilee

Quote from: wizestwizard on March 08, 2021, 11:05:41 AM
Thanks guys! I'll check this out when I get home, I looked over the board and didn't see any bridges, so it's possible that this is more the angle of the picture than anything, BUT I hope I'm just blind and that this stones the issue lol. That's usually the first thing I check, but it was late so definitely possible that I missed it.

When I get stumped, I like to take pictures of the back of the build and zoom in myself. It helps alot.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wizestwizard

I actually did that with this because I had to resize the pictures so I could upload them lol. I'm gonna be home in about an hour so I can confirm, but I have pretty good eyes so I can usually spot stuff without zooming in. Conversely, my hearing is shot, which is cool because every pedal always sounds good to me 😅

wizestwizard

This was unfortunately not the problem 🙁 only one of those was actually a bridge and I think it may have actually been a bit of splatter from working on another pedal lol idk if I actually tried it with the bridge present

wizestwizard

Went through with a dmm, somehow stuck a 10k resistor in instead of a 100R lol, easy fix. I keep all of my parts rigorously organized so I must have just read it wrong