News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dearinger ver.2 issues Help???

Started by bhound, August 03, 2010, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhound

Has Anyone else built the dearinger ver.2. I am getting really low volume. nothing in vintage mode. Changed the trannys and I.C..  What should my voltages be ?  Double checked all my solders and connections. I am by no means a pro, however I have built  about 75 pedals and am pretty good at troubleshooting...but this has me scratching my head and other anatomical parts Thanks anyone

madbean

Are you using a center on DPDT for the mode switching?

What are your voltages on the IC?

bhound

It is an on/on/on  I was wondering on the dpdt is 3and4 connected? counting left to right top to bottom
I.C. voltage 1)5.9  2)8.9  3)5.9  4)8.9  5)5.9  6)8.9  7) ground  8) 8.9

madbean

Okay, your voltages are way off. Pin4 should be 0, pin8 about 9v, and the rest somewhere around 4.5v.

Most likely you have some type of ground issue or perhaps a small bridge. If you have a magnifying glass, check it that way. It's very helpful.

bhound

Thanks, actually the way I counted the pins  was wrong. 4 is 0v or ground 
The problem was a bad trace. It looked o.k. but I jumped across and I'm back to normal Voltage wise.                               I... myself... on the other hand, am still a complete Knuckle dragging, slack jawed dimwit!

madbean

Ah, crap. Sorry about the trace. I always check before sending them out, and make a note if I see a small trace break. But, every once in a while one gets away.

Glad it was sorted out. Is it producing the correct sounds now?

jkokura

I can verify - Brian gave me a note about one of the boards he sent me. It's not a problem for me at all.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bhound

After trouble shooting, I ran an a\b test against a real fulldrive2 . It is spot on!!!! Thanks for the help!