News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First 1590A Build! Madbean Fritter

Started by Invertiguy, March 06, 2021, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invertiguy

So I actually got this board way back in 2019 as a giveaway with one of my orders but, being intimidated by such a small enclosure, it ended up sitting in my 'to-do' pile until just recently when a friend of mine mentioned that he was interested in a Hotcake clone. This, along with a sense of shame for letting the board sit around untouched for so long (although it certainly had plenty of company), inspired me to fire up my soldering iron and get to work! All in all, it wasn't actually too bad. There's a real 'ship in a bottle' quality to 1590A builds that, while occasionally frustrating, is also highly enjoyable. Sure, getting of the wires cut perfectly to length and routed was a bit of a pain and occasionally required the use of tweezers, but overall everything wound up fitting together very nicely. Overall I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and look forward to building more mini-pedals in the future!

Doomsday Devices

harryklippton

Nice, looks great! I was intimidated by 1590a builds too. This looks very tidy

thomasha

Well done!
The potentiometer board is a nice touch.
Very tidy indeed, you should see my builds, there are wires everywhere.

Now wait until you try the 1590LB...

Invertiguy

Quote from: thomasha on March 07, 2021, 05:51:39 AM
Well done!
The potentiometer board is a nice touch.
Very tidy indeed, you should see my builds, there are wires everywhere.

Now wait until you try the 1590LB...

Yeah the potentiometer board really made assembly a breeze. No need to try and wrangle the individual pots and their leads into the holes! Brian really did a great job with his 1590A boards, as long as you pay attention to the build docs everything fits together perfectly.

As for the 1590LB, I don't think I'll ever try to cram more than a footswitch or a volume pot into one. I'm just not enough of a masochist (or in the case of your builds, a wizard) to attempt more than that!

Doomsday Devices

dan.schumaker

Good job with that!  It's time to head down the rabbit hole with other 1590A builds  ;D

Invertiguy

Quote from: dan.schumaker on March 08, 2021, 04:38:26 AM
Good job with that!  It's time to head down the rabbit hole with other 1590A builds  ;D
Oh, I'm way ahead of you. I've got several other Madbean 1590A builds in the works, some of which I may even end up finishing! I just hope I use them effectively with my big booted feet.
Doomsday Devices

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Invertiguy on March 08, 2021, 05:49:14 AM
Quote from: dan.schumaker on March 08, 2021, 04:38:26 AM
Oh, I'm way ahead of you. I've got several other Madbean 1590A builds in the works, some of which I may even end up finishing! I just hope I use them effectively with my big booted feet.

If you run into any troubles with 1590A builds, I know a guy who has a few under his belt  ;)

Invertiguy

Quote from: dan.schumaker on March 08, 2021, 06:57:01 AM
If you run into any troubles with 1590A builds, I know a guy who has a few under his belt  ;)

Lol I'll be sure to let you know. I'll be tickled pink if my builds turn out half as nice as yours  :D
Doomsday Devices

Aleph Null

Looks great for your first 1590A! My first looked like a tiny bowl of spaghetti.

Bio77