News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedalpcb Brown Betty

Started by verr76, March 10, 2021, 03:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verr76

Hello all... hope you're doing ok in these times...
haven´t been around here for some time ´cause ... well .. 2020 happend  ;D
Got this pedalpcb Brown Betty sometime last year and finally got it done.
Did some mods with the internal trimpot puting it on a daughterboard also in series with a fixed 33K resistor and a second offboard pot to add some control over the added gain.
At the same time the footswitch adds a series resistor and cap to ground on that same opamp's feedback loop. The Change is not drastic but you certainly feel some extra umff

Edit: Small demo (not all things are chunk hehehe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jipx0ZA2CjE

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

Thewintersoldier

That looks fantastic, and your wiring is beautiful. What amp are you using this with? I've never tried a friedman amp or pedal but this makes me.want to try one.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Invertiguy

Great work, that's some of the cleanest wiring I've ever seen! I love the graphics as well, is that a faceplate or some sort of decal?
Doomsday Devices

harryklippton

jimilee

That does look great. I've got the BEOD pedal that sounds killer, never heard a Dirty Shirley.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Very nice work, the friedman stuff is pretty good sounding. This is my go-to for the chunk chunk stuff.

verr76

Thank you all for those kind words.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 10, 2021, 04:37:43 PM
What amp are you using this with? I've never tried a friedman amp or pedal but this makes me.want to try one.
My set up is with a Quilter 45 Microblock most of the time with a preamp of my own design... although, this preamp is in a pedal format so I can also go straight to the Quilter if I need.

Quote from: Invertiguy on March 10, 2021, 05:41:35 PM
is that a faceplate or some sort of decal?
It is a faceplate. It's UV printed so I could've easily gone with a direct to enclosure print... but I like the way the raw aluminum looks.

Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.